Kingdom of Adventistan
Gregory Matthews

To Consider

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Lone Ranger

So... all three of my kids dumped the church as soon as they were old enough to recognize the head-in-the-sand irrelevance religion in general, and particularly the SDA denomination. 

Thankfully it didn't take them the 57 years it sadly took me. 

JoeMo

L/R,

My kids did the same.  Blessedly, 2 of them are still Christians, just not SDA's. Although I identify with SDA's, When asked in public what religion I am, I just say "Christian".  Saying I am SDA frequently opens up to questions which can lead to debate and argument; to which I can only answer I have to believe what I read in the Bible.  If other people read the Bible differently, they have a right to their opinion (although in many cases their opinions are wrong! 😉)

SDA's do not have a monopoly on the gospel message.

Lone Ranger

Yes. I currently identify as simply "Christian." When pressed I will ask "Is Christ divided?"

JoeMo

Sometimes when people ask if I'm a Christian, I ask them what do you mean by Christian?"  After they respond (frequently in a denominational manner), I say "yeah, a little bit".  That tends to arouse their curiosity and leads to me telling them that I believe what I read in the Bible with as little denominational bias as possible.  Then (sometimes) we can have a Bible-based discussion rather than a debate or argument.