Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Matthews

To Consider

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Lone Ranger

So... all three of my kids dumped the church as soon as they were old enough to recognize the head-in-the-sand irrelevance religion in general, and particularly the SDA denomination. 

Thankfully it didn't take them the 57 years it sadly took me. 

JoeMo

L/R,

My kids did the same.  Blessedly, 2 of them are still Christians, just not SDA's. Although I identify with SDA's, When asked in public what religion I am, I just say "Christian".  Saying I am SDA frequently opens up to questions which can lead to debate and argument; to which I can only answer I have to believe what I read in the Bible.  If other people read the Bible differently, they have a right to their opinion (although in many cases their opinions are wrong! 😉)

SDA's do not have a monopoly on the gospel message.

Lone Ranger

Yes. I currently identify as simply "Christian." When pressed I will ask "Is Christ divided?"

JoeMo

Sometimes when people ask if I'm a Christian, I ask them what do you mean by Christian?"  After they respond (frequently in a denominational manner), I say "yeah, a little bit".  That tends to arouse their curiosity and leads to me telling them that I believe what I read in the Bible with as little denominational bias as possible.  Then (sometimes) we can have a Bible-based discussion rather than a debate or argument.

stinsonmarri
On 6/7/2019 at 11:48 AM, JoeMo said:

L/R,

My kids did the same.  Blessedly, 2 of them are still Christians, just not SDA's. Although I identify with SDA's, When asked in public what religion I am, I just say "Christian".  Saying I am SDA frequently opens up to questions which can lead to debate and argument; to which I can only answer I have to believe what I read in the Bible.  If other people read the Bible differently, they have a right to their opinion (although in many cases their opinions are wrong! 😉)

SDA's do not have a monopoly on the gospel message.

A lot of children when they grow up leave the SDA Church. My son and my grandchildren are gone except one. He is hanging on by a thread because he truly wants to do what right. I left and return and others have also. This happens in all denomination as well. One of the reasons in the SDA we cannot explain what we believe. Then the trinity does not make sense, calling THE HOLY SPIRIT a ghost. We make what is truth unattractive as well. What brought me back is the SDA Commentary Vol 1, 4, 5 and 7. Mainly volume 1, I read the genealogy and history then I went over the verses comments and study them thoroughly. I went to the library and study everything I could get my hands on. The SDA Commentary also provided more than one view. I choose after deep studying one of the views or none at all. I also had gone to church school and was well knowledgeable on the history of the SDA Church. My mother had all of EGW writings that she wrote. I check her visions with the Bible and knew she has received the gift of Acts Chapter 2. I agree with her that she was not a prophet. I also agreed with her that she did not know everything and that we should take the Bible over her opinions or thoughts she gave during her time,

EGW best work was the Spirit of Prophecy Vol 1, Early Writings, and Desire of Ages. Now I did all this studying as a young girl who loved to read. I became disgusted with the SDA Church because of the White mentality of everyone in the Bible. I also was angry about the lie on Ham and not recognizing that YAHWEH is no respect of any one person or ethnic group of people. I hated Jesus pictures of a White man who look frail and appear like a homosexual, his hair didn't look woolly to me! Now today we don't even speak about the SDA Bible Commentary, I wonder why?

I came back as I stated before but also with a voice. I want the truth to be known about not only Afrikan People but the truth about the Hebrews over the Jews, about where Abraham came from and so much more. I also wanted to stand for truth over the trinity, faith, one baptism, the lunar/solar calendar, shabat the verb is not the Shabbath the noun! I want to stop all of the myths and also provide historical evidence. I want to show that the papacy was the whore and the beast is a man and they are not the same. I wanted to uplift THE MOST HIGH TRUE NAME also HIS SON and THE HOLY SPIRIT. I wanted to present truth in a simple but knowledgeable way according to the Bible. Finally, I wanted to give people choices and show love and understanding, yet be firm in a humble and kind way. I want to show the simple but SUPREME WISDOM of the Bible and show there is one true faith and all religions come from Nimrod! I want to reveal that SDA like the Pharisees have become Hellenized and have sold the truth like Esaus for a bowl of pottage. I knew I will not be acceptable to everyone and I am truly blessed for those who have agreed with my comments. I realize that I am not perfect but it is THE HOLY SPIRIT that works and lead us all into truth!

Have a blessed Sabbath!