Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
JoeMo

Quandary

stinsonmarri
5 hours ago, JoeMo said:

So it was under the rulership of the Greeks - not the Persians - where the Jews were treated horribly.  The predominant type of the antichrist - Antiochus Epiphanes - was a Greek. The Persians had no choice but to attack Israel when they were under tyrannical Greek rulership.  They either obeyed or they themselves would feel the wrath of the Greek forces.

Joe: Are we truly going to debate on who the leadership was at the time? I did tell it was a Greek general earlier that took over the kingdom. However, as time progress and sin became worst people became a product of sin. My point that earlier civilizations follow more of the system of servitude. They were not cruel as we make them out to be. After the people scatter all over the world some of the values of THE MOST HIGH were still there. Abraham had to leave his home in southern Turkey to a land and a people who were still serving YAHWEH. They happen to be from Ham is that a problem, because it shouldn't be!

The Canaanites had started turning away from truth. They had the King Priest of THE MOST HIGH and Jerusalem (Abbreviated in it short form "Salem."). The Amorites when Abraham got there were still faithful and assisted him and worked with him. But the sins of Jacob's sons were not forgotten, neither the sins of Canaan as well. They would go into a strange land to become humble and they were supposed to destroy all of the Canaanites. But it did not happen and the original ones never made into the Promise Land! The children did not destroy the Canaanites they married them and eventually turn away from THE MOST HIGH themselves.

The Canaanites always had to become servant of servants to their own uncles. But only servants to their great uncles. In other words they never conquer their uncles or their great uncles. One almost did the Carthaginians and Hannibal who originated from the Phoenicians. They had the best ships and Hannibal almost took Rome. But, the prophecy of Noah said they wouldn't and they didn't. That's a historical fact and most historian scratched their heads because they should have won! They always paid tribute to their uncles not their great uncles! That is what servant of servants meant!

All I can tell you and I did provide proof that IsraEL work hard but not as it has been taught. They got paid and the word slavery started with the Slav's. Did force labor without pay start yes with the Persians, Greeks, Roman, and Parthians. I tell you that sins bring us all down. The Egyptians are without excuse because Pharaoh was stubborn and rebelled even with all the signs and plaques. The Egyptians themselves wanted them to go but the king refused and they suffer the consequences. Many mixed people left with them and yes, they kept up trouble but IsraEL also did themselves. Wandering around for forty years the mix people became a part of IsraEL.

I hate to say this but people just don't like to hear the truth all the time. I take no sides Ham's children had to be brought low as well as IsraEL!

When any of us are giving a blessing what do we do with it? Do we share, or squander it like the prodigal son? Do we try to rationalize it because YAHWEH said that the poor will always be with us or do we try to help them up? It is not about giving them something as people say! How about equal education, fair housing, nutritional food and decent stores? The Pharisees were so shocked when they first met YAHSHUA, they wanted this poor carpenter child to be taught in their very expensive school! They did not help the poor either and believe that their sickness was sin and the cost of them be ill! They were self righteous as the Christians are today. Poor people do not want a hand out they want a hand up! Do not equate poor people with people on drugs or gang bangers, or dope dealers and more. Poor people go to work everyday to try to make ends meet. Naomi and Ruth were poor! YAHSHUA had nowhere to lay HIS HEAD! All who truly love THE MOST HIGH are down there helping those caged children. The Catholic, some Evangelicals, Baptist, Methodist I hope some SDA! There are both Republicans and Democrats who have put away political differences and are working together to help their unfortunate brothers and sisters. I have been very sick and can't be there.

When I gave out food basket over this county under my non profit organization, it was given out to all people. Not any this race or that race just people of all colors that need food and help! If my enemy who have done all matter of evil against me  needed help, I would help, love conquers the heart and changes people.

Accept the truth of the past and let us all learn from it and make changes in our lives. I will not take up for anyone who tries to put people of any color down. I am free today because of faithful color White people. We all are color!

Blessings!

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

stinsonmarri
8 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Stinsonmarri:  Thank you for the citation above.  For the interest of others, the following is information about the school that Stinsonmarri cited:

*  It is Mesa Community College (MCC), located in Mesa, AZ.

*  MCC is a 2-year Jr. college that offers degrees both on-line, and on site.

*  MCC is accredited, as a Jr. College, both by the Department of Education and  by the regional accrediting association that covers AZ.

*  MCC has been in operation for about 56 years.*  I assume  that the specific article that Stinsonmarri cited was an article written in 2014?  I do not know whether it was written by a student as part of an assignment, or was written by one of  the MCC staff.

Pastor Matthew: Thank you and I try to find out who wrote this true history. I will contact them tomorrow to find out! My research on the web was in vain!

However there are more cites that will give a historical account as well.

Blessings!

phkrause
20 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Stinsonmarri:  Thank you for the citation above.  For the interest of others, the following is information about the school that Stinsonmarri cited:

*  It is Mesa Community College (MCC), located in Mesa, AZ.

*  MCC is a 2-year Jr. college that offers degrees both on-line, and on site.

*  MCC is accredited, as a Jr. College, both by the Department of Education and  by the regional accrediting association that covers AZ.

*  MCC has been in operation for about 56 years.

*  I assume  that the specific article that Stinsonmarri cited was an article written in 2014?  I do not know whether it was written by a student as part of an assignment, or was written by one of  the MCC staff.

Personally It doesn't really matter who wrote the article, seems that most of it is pretty right on!!! If I remember correctly Martin Luther King was a republican to start out, but when he tried talking with than presidential candidate Nixon he got nowhere and eventually he came to realize that the democrats were the ones that would help him!! I think that the Kennedy brothers, especially Bobby, were really wanting to help and President Johnson finally did??

phkrause
On 7/27/2019 at 8:41 AM, phkrause said:

Do you know what the HAIS organization is? Its the organization that brought my family here to America after my Father spent 5 years in concentration camps! Jews at that time were not welcome in the USA in the early 50s and late 40s, just like what's going on at the border today!!

Here is what they stand for: "Welcome the stranger and Protect the refuge!"

Here are a few more things from the HAIS:

1-When the World Food Program made significant cuts in food aid for Darfuri refugees living in two refugee camps in Eastern Chad, many of the people who lived there suddenly found themselves with barely enough food to survive.

At HIAS, our goal is to help refugees realize their potential and contribute to society. Without food, refugees can’t even begin the process of realizing their rights to live and work in safety and peace.

So when HIAS staff in Chad introduced a program that helps refugees grow their own nutritious food, Amkala Safi Djouma, an 83-year-old woman from Sudan, who has lived in the Djabal camp since she fled almost 20 years ago, was eager to learn new farming methods and have the chance to provide for her family.

We provided Amkala and hundreds of others with a seed startup kit and taught innovative farming methods designed to grow fruits and vegetables year-round in the desert. Amkala has already had three successful planting cycles and proudly shares her harvest with her family and community “just like the old times in Sudan.”

2-When asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?,” Luis’s answer since he was 11 years old was always, “an attorney.”

Now, Luis Gonzalez is one of three HIAS Border Fellows, attorneys assisting asylum seekers near the U.S.-Mexico border. He has been working at Jewish Family Service of San Diego since the fall of 2018. 

HIAS recently followed Luis as he went about his daily tasks: meeting with clients in the office; visiting a detention center; and going to a temporary migrant shelter. He is an immigrant himself and appreciates the opportunity to work with newcomers to America: “I know that the work that I do makes a big impact on their lives.”

Watch “A Day in the Life of HIAS Border Fellow Luis Gonzalez” to see what making a difference looks like firsthand.

With more people in need of safety and freedom than ever, and asylum under attack right here in the U.S., this work has never been more urgent.

We hope you’ll watch and share our new video.

3-This week the American Jewish community affirmed its commitment to standing up for the rights and dignity of those seeking safety in our country. More than 1,400 Jewish clergy from across the country signed a letter expressing their concern over our country’s horrific treatment of asylum seekers, and calling for urgent moral leadership from our government.

Click here to learn about the National Jewish Clergy Letter in Support of Asylum Seekers.

Last week, a delegation of rabbis and HIAS asylum experts from Southern border states traveled to Washington D.C. to deliver the letter on Capitol Hill. In August, HIAS volunteers representing 65-plus congressional districts will deliver the letter to their Congressional members’ local offices.

These 1,400-plus signatures represent far more than the rabbis and cantors who signed. They represent thousands of Jewish community members across the country, and are a powerful expression of our values. They represent the communities running migrant shelters near the border, rallying outside of detention facilities, and volunteering time and resources. They represent the widespread support for HIAS’ expanding work to provide legal assistance to asylum seekers across the United States, at the border, and around the world. These signatures represent the full force of the Jewish community in standing up for asylum seekers.

JoeMo
1 hour ago, phkrause said:

They represent the communities running migrant shelters near the border, rallying outside of detention facilities, and volunteering time and resources. They represent the widespread support for HIAS’ expanding work to provide legal assistance to asylum seekers across the United States, at the border, and around the world.

Hopefully, they are providing this assistance for people who want to enter this country legally; and not those seeking to sneak in illegally.  If they are doing it for legal refuge seekers, I applaud them.

Something has to be done at the US-Mexican border.  It is indeed a crisis. However, just letting these undocumented people into the country with little to no vetting is a bad idea. Separating families is a bad idea as well. Like I said at the beginning - it's complicated.

Those who are complaining about the way they are treated when they come here (especially if they got here illegally) are welcome to return to their former homelands. No one is stopping them.

stinsonmarri
8 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Hopefully, they are providing this assistance for people who want to enter this country legally; and not those seeking to sneak in illegally.  If they are doing it for legal refuge seekers, I applaud them.

Something has to be done at the US-Mexican border.  It is indeed a crisis. However, just letting these undocumented people into the country with little to no vetting is a bad idea. Separating families is a bad idea as well. Like I said at the beginning - it's complicated.

Those who are complaining about the way they are treated when they come here (especially if they got here illegally) are welcome to return to their former homelands. No one is stopping them.

Joe: Please in THE NAME of THE MOST listen. Please, there are not a lot of people who want to come here illegally. The flux of people were not allowed to even ask for asylum. Where they are housing them in Mexico is horrible and a lot of crime. They were escaping from crime. The man and his daughter who died crossing over the water was desperate and needed help. The boy who was sick and was caught needed help and he died. These are not criminals these are people who want freedom. These are people who will accept low wages that most Americans will not accept. They break the law because of cruelty of the border police and the separation of parents from their children.

The criminals with dope use the tunnel under the wall we already have now! Building walls are just what the criminals want. Because they will build tunnel underground and underneath and this has been a proven fact. 

'Location, location, location': Drug smugglers build elaborate border tunnels from Mexico. www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2017/03/10/mexico-border-tunnels-drug-smuggling/98977026/

As Donald Trump Calls for Wall on Mexican Border, Smugglers Dig Tunnels   NYTimes.com

www.usatoday.com/border-wall/story/drug-trafficking-smuggling-cartels-tunnels/559814001/

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2019/jan/11/sean-hannity/how-many-criminal-aliens-were-stopped-border-last-/ You need to read this!

They also come through the border where the traffic comes to Mexico and USA daily Port of Entry. More illegal drugs and criminals are stopped there, these are innocent people. Was the boy who was a USA citizen treated right? No he wasn't. Please open your eyes to the truth, I know you are a good person and that you love YAHWEH. Do you think that HE is please with lies? These people are not trying to break the law, the law is breaking them! Do you honestly believe that all the media is just lying and only one is telling the truth when there are videos? The news media was with Pence as he stood there and saw the conditions of those men. The officers had on mask due the stink. Why can't they have baths and toothpaste? Why are the children separated from their parents and sleeping on cold cement floors, with those aluminum blankets? Why can't they have baths, soap and decent food. Why are they in cages? You have a right to your political views, but political views should never supercede YAHWEH'S Law. One of them is not bear false witness or lie! None of us will be judge on our political affiliation but how we treat people!

Blessings and Happy Sabbath!

stinsonmarri
11 hours ago, phkrause said:

Personally It doesn't really matter who wrote the article, seems that most of it is pretty right on!!! If I remember correctly Martin Luther King was a republican to start out, but when he tried talking with than presidential candidate Nixon he got nowhere and eventually he came to realize that the democrats were the ones that would help him!! I think that the Kennedy brothers, especially Bobby, were really wanting to help and President Johnson finally did??

If you read history after the Civil war, Blacks were Republicans. They were even Representative of Congress!

The first African Americans to serve in the United States Congress were Republicans elected during the Reconstruction Era. After slaves were emancipated and granted citizenship rights, freedmen gained political representation in the Southern United States for the first time. White Democrats regain political power in state legislatures across the South and worked to restore white supremacy. By the presidential election of 1876, only three state legislatures were not controlled by white Democrats. The Compromise of 1877 completed the period of Redemption by white Democratic Southerners, with the withdrawal of federal troops from the South. State legislatures began to pass Jim Crow laws to establish racial segregation and restrict labor rights, movement and organizing by blacks. They passed some laws to restrict voter registration, aimed at suppressing the black vote.

From 1890-1908, Democratic state legislatures in the South essentially disfranchised most blacks and many poor whites from voting by passing new constitutions or amendments, or other laws related to more restrictive electoral and voter registration and electoral rules. The Democratic Party essentially dominated the "Solid South" until the 1990s. As a result of the Civil Rights Movement, the U.S. Congress passed laws in the mid-1960s to end segregation and enforce constitutional civil rights and voting rights.

During two waves of massive migration within the United States in the first half of the 20th century, more than 6 million African Americans moved from the south to Northeastern, Midwestern and Western industrial cities, with 5 million migrating from 1940 to 1970. Some were elected to national political office from their new locations. During the Great Depression, many black voters switched allegiances from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party, in support of the New Deal economic, social network, and work policies of Franklin D. Roosevelt's administration. This trend continued in the 1960s when the national Democratic Party joined the national Republican Party in supporting civil rights legislation to enforce constitutional rights. At the same time, there was a different movement among whites in the South, who began to vote for Republican candidates for national and then state offices.

A total of 153 African Americans have served in the United States Congress, mostly in the United States House of Representatives. African Americans in the United States CongressFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know this to be true be true because my mother was a Republican, but switch during the Nixon period to become a Democrat. The parties switch and most Black Americans did too!

Blessings and Happy Sabbath!

phkrause

JoeMo
19 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Please, there are not a lot of people who want to come here illegally. The flux of people were not allowed to even ask for asylum.

They were not granted an asylum hearing because they stated they were seeking asylum because  economic conditions and opportunities were greater here in the U.S. than in their home countries.  Under U.S law, that is not a valid justification to be granted asylum.  If it were, most of the world would be at our doors seeking asylum.

Marrian, please don't think I'm disagreeing with you; I'm not.  Conditions on the border are atrocious.  I have friends that live in rural areas of southern NM and Texas; and the conditions are deplorable for both Americans and illegal migrants. You say:

19 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Please, there are not a lot of people who want to come here illegally.

The people I know say there are so many people sneaking across their land, sleeping in their barns, checking the doors of their homes, etc. that they are afraid to go out after dark.  These are the migrants who aren't caught. Yet the poor migrants who are caught are living in miserable conditions.  Why?  Because they are totally overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of people seeking asylum.  They don't have close to the resources they need to care for these people.  And Congress - while deploring the conditions at the border - has been excruciatingly slow in providing the finances for adequate resources.

You cannot deny that illegal migrants - some who have snuck into this country multiple times - have been responsible for some horrific crimes.

I don't know where you live in Georgia; but would you be willing to have the feds send tens of thousands of migrants to your county/state to suck off of Georgia's medicaid, welfare, and medical resources at your expense?  If they came to Georgia, how much would you be willing to sacrifice for them? (That is a rhetorical question; you don't need to answer it.)

Sabbath Blessings to you, my sister in Christ!

stinsonmarri
26 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

They were not granted an asylum hearing because they stated they were seeking asylum because  economic conditions and opportunities were greater here in the U.S. than in their home countries.  Under U.S law, that is not a valid justification to be granted asylum.  If it were, most of the world would be at our doors seeking asylum.

Marrian, please don't think I'm disagreeing with you; I'm not.  Conditions on the border are atrocious.  I have friends that live in rural areas of southern NM and Texas; and the conditions are deplorable for both Americans and illegal migrants. You say:

The people I know say there are so many people sneaking across their land, sleeping in their barns, checking the doors of their homes, etc. that they are afraid to go out after dark.  These are the migrants who aren't caught. Yet the poor migrants who are caught are living in miserable conditions.  Why?  Because they are totally overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of people seeking asylum.  They don't have close to the resources they need to care for these people.  And Congress - while deploring the conditions at the border - has been excruciatingly slow in providing the finances for adequate resources.

You cannot deny that illegal migrants - some who have snuck into this country multiple times - have been responsible for some horrific crimes.

I don't know where you live in Georgia; but would you be willing to have the feds send tens of thousands of migrants to your county/state to suck off of Georgia's medicaid, welfare, and medical resources at your expense?  If they came to Georgia, how much would you be willing to sacrifice for them? (That is a rhetorical question; you don't need to answer it.)

Sabbath Blessings to you, my sister in Christ!

Joe: I truly love you with all my heart. But this is not political, this is inhumane! When you go outside and break YAHWEH'S Law which is above man's law then you are sinning. You are listening with you political views and not with your mind which is in YAHSHUA! People are lying, love is waxing cold. Many of the border police went on Facebook and said some horrible things about those innocent people. The Bible said judge not that we be judge. What appears to be right could be so wrong. We are our sisters and brothers keeper that's what the Bible said! Once upon a time Republican used feel that way about immigrants. They were the family oriented people. They were the ones to help those who are trodden down and it sadden me, it is gone! How can you love YAHWEH who haven't see and hate your brothers and sisters who are immigrants. When you change the law then you make what was legal, illegal that is not right and justice is coming! Do not think YAHWEH is not looking how we treat our brothers and sisters.

I will not justify any party be it mine or yours who mistreat earthly beings. No land is worth inhuman torture at all! Just like I would not justify any Black person mistreating you base on the color of your skin or the party you are affiliated with. Long as they do not break YAHWEH'S Law, then there is a problem!

Blessing and Happy Sabbath!

JoeMo
1 hour ago, stinsonmarri said:

Joe: I truly love you with all my heart. But this is not political, this is inhumane! When you go outside and break YAHWEH'S Law which is above man's law then you are sinning. You are listening with you political views and not with your mind which is in YAHSHUA!

I'm really not listening with political views (at least I'm trying not to).  My heart goes out to many of those poor people at the border.  They were duped by cartels to give their life savings to them to me "muled" to the U.S border; only to be detained or turned back. I know a few people who came here more than a decade ago with their parents; and used to be able to travel fereely between the U.S and Mexico to see their extended families.  As you know, in Mexican culture, family is paramount. But since both Mexico and the U.S require a passport to enter either country, these poor folk have been unable to visit their families for several years now, because they can't get passports.  These are hard-working, productive, law-abiding, tax paying people who provide a benefit to the U.S.

You seem to think I am against these people - I am NOT!  However, I am against uncontrolled open borders. How do we reconcile love for our fellow men and women ( as commanded by Yehshua) with protecting the legacy our country has worked so hard to earn and protect? There is no simple and practical answer.  Call me selfish - but I do not want to forfeit my legacy as a lifelong hard-working American to an unlimited number of people who want everything we have worked so hard for (social security, Medicare, etc.) for free.  Who is gonna pay for their welfare if we let them all in? Answer - you and I!

I understand your position.  But instead of simply criticizing my positions, offer me a practical and workable solution.  I have none!

I love you too, sister; and see your tender heart for the underdogs.

Sabbath Blessings!

JoeMo

For me, my part in this Quandry will be to pray for God's grace and wisdom on all parties involved - the migrants, ICE, Border Patrol, Homeland Security, the U.S Government, and those volunteers providing whatever aid and assistance they can.

stinsonmarri
On 8/3/2019 at 7:15 PM, JoeMo said:

I'm really not listening with political views (at least I'm trying not to).  My heart goes out to many of those poor people at the border.  They were duped by cartels to give their life savings to them to me "muled" to the U.S border; only to be detained or turned back. I know a few people who came here more than a decade ago with their parents; and used to be able to travel fereely between the U.S and Mexico to see their extended families.  As you know, in Mexican culture, family is paramount. But since both Mexico and the U.S require a passport to enter either country, these poor folk have been unable to visit their families for several years now, because they can't get passports.  These are hard-working, productive, law-abiding, tax paying people who provide a benefit to the U.S.

You seem to think I am against these people - I am NOT!  However, I am against uncontrolled open borders. How do we reconcile love for our fellow men and women ( as commanded by Yehshua) with protecting the legacy our country has worked so hard to earn and protect? There is no simple and practical answer.  Call me selfish - but I do not want to forfeit my legacy as a lifelong hard-working American to an unlimited number of people who want everything we have worked so hard for (social security, Medicare, etc.) for free.  Who is gonna pay for their welfare if we let them all in? Answer - you and I!

I understand your position.  But instead of simply criticizing my positions, offer me a practical and workable solution.  I have none!

I love you too, sister; and see your tender heart for the underdogs.

Sabbath Blessings!

My Dear Brother you are. When you try to defend something that is so wrong and then try to justify makes no difference to THE MOST HIGH. Trust me, it not me that you have to stand before it is THE ALMIGHTY ONES, especially THE FATHER who is THE JUDGE. I am a person who have to stand before HIM as well.

Joe, did you hear about the shooting in El Paso yesterday while I was attending church? They are saying there are more domestic terrorist killing then Muslim terrorist. Then those who see this is racist and he admit he is a nationalist skinhead. Yet, the want to make out they are mentally ill so are the Muslim terrorist mentally ill too?

Please, I beg of you pray that THE HOLY SPIRIT will open your eyes. This is wrong and prophecy has been fulfilled racism is alive and when some says words to cite people to act, they are not from THE MOST HIGH. You cannot serve two masters. These people came on their own and they did not give people or mule their money. They came with their children even babies to get away from the crisis in their country. These are mothers and fathers with their children. Look at the news it is not fake and see what's really going on. Those moving camera are not lying. 

Finally, 13 hours later a shooter even kills his own sister and Blacks and Whites people in bar in Dayton Ohio. It going to get worse and will those who truly love YAHWEH say enough is enough and stop the problem.

Love and blessings!

stinsonmarri
On 8/3/2019 at 7:15 PM, JoeMo said:

How do we reconcile love for our fellow men and women ( as commanded by Yehshua) with protecting the legacy our country has worked so hard to earn and protect? There is no simple and practical answer.  Call me selfish - but I do not want to forfeit my legacy as a lifelong hard-working American to an unlimited number of people who want everything we have worked so hard for (social security, Medicare, etc.) for free.  Who is gonna pay for their welfare if we let them all in? Answer - you and I!

Joe: I am not for them getting an health care like US citizens. I would like to see them getting insurance base on there salaries they earn. I would like to see something like an immigrant health insurance forming some type of workers union that they collectively could buy into. Maybe we work with Mexico and rich dorner's that help with the cost. Maybe a deal could worked out with Mexico that they get certain care on that side. Maybe hospitals and clinic set up I don't know all the ins and outs but people who want to donate funds could too! We should not spend our tax money because they are not citizens yet, but working to become one.

I do not think you are selfish. But we have a lot of land here and these people will work. They will take the lowest paying jobs. They all live together to make it! The farmers need them and they help with our economy. My problem that I trying to get you to see that some of the hogwash you been fed is not true, that's it. You are a good person but you just do not look and compare to see who is being truthful or right. There is proof but you have to be willing to accept it!

Blessings to you Joe!

JoeMo
11 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

It going to get worse and will those who truly love YAHWEH say enough is enough and stop the problem.

According to prophecy, there is coming a time when those who truly love Yahweh will NOT be able to stop the increasing chaos in our world.

"“In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise.  He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy those who are mighty, the holy people (Dan. 8:23-24)

"The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months.  It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them" (Rev. 13:5-7)

Are we about to enter such a time?  Ask the Christians in the Middle East.

Marrian - you made a statement that there are more white supremacist terrorists than Muslim terrorists.  I agree with your statement concerning the U.S. in isolation.  Worldwide, I must disagree with you.  I present one example - Iran.  Who is a larger threat to global stability - the socially alienated lone wolf crazies who pull off these isolated mass shootings or an entire powerful sovereign country hell-bent on bringing about the apocalypse?  What about the one-on-one murders all over the country?  I'll bet way more people of color are killed by other people of color than are killed by white supremacists.

Blessings to you, my friend!

8thdaypriest
On 7/30/2019 at 5:43 PM, stinsonmarri said:

Only Caleb and Joshua went in!

And Eleazar the son of Aaron, who became high priest after his father's death.

8thdaypriest
On 7/29/2019 at 11:50 PM, stinsonmarri said:

Rachel: These videos are bias and you need to read your Bible.

This is a conversation killer. 

Don't dismiss the video before you see it. 

8thdaypriest
On 8/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, stinsonmarri said:

The criminals with dope use the tunnel under the wall we already have now! Building walls are just what the criminals want. Because they will build tunnel underground and underneath and this has been a proven fact. 

Yes - they build tunnels.  And now the Border Patrol has ground penetrating radar to locate those tunnels, so Border Patrol can meet the drugs on the US end.  (Easier than trying to chase them over hundreds of miles.) 

I expect next the smugglers will fly the drugs over with drones.  And now the US has the drone jamming devices.   It's a never ending struggle.  Just like cyber warfare.  The "bad guys" hack and the "good guys" develop new security measures. 

Over and over and over - til Jesus returns. 

8thdaypriest
20 hours ago, JoeMo said:

For me, my part in this Quandry will be to pray for God's grace and wisdom on all parties involved - the migrants, ICE, Border Patrol, Homeland Security, the U.S Government, and those volunteers providing whatever aid and assistance they can.

Yes.  Me too. 

If the border is not well guarded and controlled, then we will be even more awash in drugs - which will kill millions, and will destroy families. 

Diseases are entering, because of un-vaccinated children, drug resistant TB, typhus,  even Ebola.  The public health risk is enormous.

Child trafficking has exploded. 

Immigrants are entering from Africa (by the hundreds) and the Middle East. 

I am not against immigration.  Neither are Republicans.  I just want immigrants to enter legally, to register, to be identified, etc. etc. 

I have to carry an ID, get a license to drive, carry insurance, etc. etc.  Why shouldn't they?

I think SM said the immigrants take the low paying jobs that others do not want.  This is true.  The problem is - so long as the most recent illegal immigrants will work for a lot less, employers can use them (off the books).  It is a type of slavery. 

Illegal immigrants who work construction can be stolen from, etc. etc.  They cannot report the thefts for fear of being deported.  The criminals know this. 

It is to the immigrant's great advantage to enter legally. 

I mostly blame the cartels.  The explosion in numbers at the border has come about because of the cartels, who push/force people to pay large sums.  The cartels are making millions upon millions from these people.  This has come about because the cartels have become aware of loopholes in our immigration law.  Unless the loopholes are closed, and a strong message is sent to the cartels (that there is no more money to be made off these poor people) the massive migration will continue. 

Yes.  We could legalize all migration into our country.  The cartels would just find new ways to exploit vulnerable people.  It's what they do.

phkrause
On 7/29/2019 at 2:52 PM, JoeMo said:

reparations to African Americans

I know there is a thread that was started for this topic, but I couldn't find it, so I'm placing it here because we mentioned it in this thread! I hope you don't mind? I ran across this the other day and thought it was pretty interesting and it mentioned some things that I'd never heard before!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/business/economy/reparations-slavery.html

8thdaypriest
On 8/1/2019 at 9:00 PM, stinsonmarri said:

All who truly love THE MOST HIGH are down there helping those caged children. The Catholic, some Evangelicals, Baptist, Methodist I hope some SDA! There are both Republicans and Democrats who have put away political differences and are working together to help their unfortunate brothers and sisters.

The implication is that those who want orderly regulated entry into this country are immoral, and do not "truly love THE MOST HIGH".  I get tired of Democrats insinuating that Republicans are immoral, or without the love of God in their hearts. 

One third of US taxes pay for social services.  Congress just passed a budget that includes a LOT of money for human welfare at the border.  All Americans are paying those taxes.   That is because the United States is the most generous nation on this earth. 

JoeMo
21 minutes ago, phkrause said:

I know there is a thread that was started for this topic, but I couldn't find it, so I'm placing it here because we mentioned it in this thread! I hope you don't mind? I ran across this the other day and thought it was pretty interesting and it mentioned some things that I'd never heard before!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/business/economy/reparations-slavery.html

Very interesting article - presented an objective summary of the issue.  Here's my position - Neither I nor my ancestors owned slaves; and there are no longer African American slaves in this country.  Why should someone who never owned or condoned slavery pay a bunch of money to people who were never slaves?  IMHO, if anyone in this country deserves reparations it's Native Americans.  Of course, many of them are being repaid through energy royalties and casino profits.

stinsonmarri
11 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Marrian - you made a statement that there are more white supremacist terrorists than Muslim terrorists.  I agree with your statement concerning the U.S. in isolation.  Worldwide, I must disagree with you.  I present one example - Iran.  Who is a larger threat to global stability - the socially alienated lone wolf crazies who pull off these isolated mass shootings or an entire powerful sovereign country hell-bent on bringing about the apocalypse?  What about the one-on-one murders all over the country?  I'll bet way more people of color are killed by other people of color than are killed by white supremacists.

Blessings to you, my friend!

Joe: You see we have not been talking about global! We have been talking about immigrants and USA. I was referring to our country and the attacks that are happening here! White Nationalist terrorist is here, they marched in Carterville against Jews! The Bomber wanted to bomb Jews, Two Synagogues killing was against Jews, the shooting in California were against all people of color! El Paso was against Mexicans or Hispanic immigrants who were already US citizens. He wrote what he wanted to targeted. Dayton Ohio shooter's sister rode with him and she and both Black and White were killed-why? My focus is here and White Nationalist Terrorists here have become more violent in the last two year. Racism is here, hatred is here, love have waxed cold is here. People are being killed here who are innocent. 

I want to hear the same man who said he could walk down 5th avenue and kill anyone and his followers will back him. Who says something like that? This mean he can talk freely about murder! Then today says the Nation condemn racism and  white nationalist but he never said I CONDEMN WHITE NATIONALIST AND RACISM! Instead blame it on the Media? So the Media did not cite the crowd and we all heard, "shoot them," and he says "only in Panhandler," this is unreal! These people ARE NOT MENTAL OR CRAZY, they are listen to someone who incites them.

I am very sick right now over this! People can't even go anywhere anymore! Not even to church!

We need Prayer, all of us!

stinsonmarri
9 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

And Eleazar the son of Aaron, who became high priest after his father's death.

Thank You!

stinsonmarri
9 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Yes - they build tunnels.  And now the Border Patrol has ground penetrating radar to locate those tunnels, so Border Patrol can meet the drugs on the US end.  (Easier than trying to chase them over hundreds of miles.) 

I expect next the smugglers will fly the drugs over with drones.  And now the US has the drone jamming devices.   It's a never ending struggle.  Just like cyber warfare.  The "bad guys" hack and the "good guys" develop new security measures. 

Over and over and over - til Jesus returns. 

You need dig a little deeper because the sophisticated technology does not do enough. 

Drug smuggling, and the endless battle to stop it - USA Today www.usatoday.com/border-wall/story/drug-trafficking...tunnels/559814001/

US-Mexico Drug Tunnels Evolving Amid Increased Border Security!     www.kpbs.org/news/2017/jun/21/us-mexico-drug-tunnels-change-amid-increased-borde/

The second one was in 2017 and the first one is today, check them out!

Blessings!