Kingdom of Adventistan

Ten Reasons to Stay

Gregory Matthews

No denomination to include the SDA denomination, is perfect.  Honesty demands that one who is a member recognize that.  The question then becomes:  What will one do about it?

His challenges to the denomination are good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

In the following article, a retired denominational administrator, who has often challenged the denomination gives ten (10) reasons why he remains a Seventh-day Adventist.

https://atoday.org/why-i-stay-in-the-church/

well, the opening paragraph sets a miserable tone of stigma and onery presumption:

To be honest, I am at times rather frustrated with my church. Sometimes I feel the church is out of tune with the times and with the world in which we live. I get upset by the church’s bureaucratic procedures and by what I perceive as regrettable failures to deal decisively with important issues. I wish my church could finally accept the ordination of female pastors and deal with several other hot potatoes. And I often wonder why our leaders allow the fundamentalist fringe of the church to set so much of its agenda. And yes, I need a double or even triple portion of grace to interact with some people in the church.

I only have one reason to want to stay an Adventist: Its the church that taught me about Jesus, and how I could actually have a personal relationship with Him, and actually have something to tell people that I have 100%  and personally experienced. (1 John 1:1-3, )