Kingdom of Adventistan
BlessedMan

Friday Nights

BlessedMan

This thread will contain a thought for the Sabbath, every Friday night! A Scripture verse, a pertinent quote, and a photograph, all geared to give insight and inspiration for God's Holy Day. It is NOT a debate thread of any kind. Strictly devotional please:

"If you turn your foot away because of the Sabbath, from doing what you please on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight, to the holiness of YAHWEH, glorified; and shall glorify Him, to the holiness of not doing your own ways, from finding your own pleasure or speaking your own words" 

First one will start tomorrow night.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

BlessedMan

I will always guide you. I will satisfy your needs in a land that is baked by the sun. I will make you stronger. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water. You will be like a spring whose water never runs dry. (Isa 58:11, NiRV)

scene4.jpg

Isaiah 58:1-14
THE FAST THAT GOD HAS CHOSEN

The divorce between outward rites and inward piety has been the curse of every age. When the Pharisees were plotting our Lord’s death, they refused to enter Pilate’s hall. Not the bowed head, but the broken heart; not the sackcloth and ashes of the flesh, but the contrition of the soul!

Notice the three paragraphs descriptive of the experiences of the devout and consecrated soul:

(1.) The conditions of blessedness, Isa 58:6-7.

(2.) The successive items which go to make a blessed life, Isa 58:8-12.

(3.) The true Sabbath-keeping, Isa 58:13-14. Primarily, it is inward, not outward. Let us be on our watch against the entrance into our hearts of all thoughts that would break the holy inward calm. Remember to imitate Nehemiah’s instructions: Neh 13:16-22. Let the divine peace rule within and be as a sentinel keeping the outward gate, Col 3:15; Phil 4:7. Cease to follow your own ways, or find your own pleasures, or speak your own words. Delight yourself in God; so shall you sit with Christ in heavenly places and feed at the heavenly table.
(taken from FB Meyer Bible Commentary)

Isa 58:11 (HRB) And YAHWEH shall always guide you, and satisfy your soul in dry places, and make strong your bones. And you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

BlessedMan

I didn't forget about this. Forgot to mention, some weeks it will end up being Saturday nights. :)

BlessedMan

The Rose Of Sharon

"I am like a rose on the coast of Sharon. I'm like a lily in the valleys." The king says," (Song 2:1, NiRV)

IMG_1037aa.jpg

I am the rose of Sharon - Sharon was a very fruitful place, where David’s cattle were fed, 1 Chron 27:29. It is mentioned as a place of excellence, Isa 35:2, and as a place of flocks, Isa 65:10, Perhaps it would be better, with almost all the versions, to translate, “I am the rose of the field.” The bridegroom had just before called her fair; she with a becoming modesty, represents her beauty as nothing extraordinary, and compares herself to a common flower of the field. This, in the warmth of his affection, he denies, insisting that she as much surpasses all other maidens as the flower of the lily does the bramble,
(Song 2:2) - taken from Adam Clarke Bible Commentary

stinsonmarri
On 10/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, BlessedMan said:

I didn't forget about this. Forgot to mention, some weeks it will end up being Saturday nights. :)

😊😊

BlessedMan

And she came to Jerusalem with a very great train, with camels that bare spices, and very much gold, and precious stones: and when she was come to Solomon, she communed with him of all that was in her heart. (1 Kings 10:2)

On fast trains the tickets are usually examined at the stations.  {HS 167.3}

IMG_1233ww4.jpg

The English engine is a plain, homely-looking affair, without polish or ornament. There is no bell, no immense cow-catcher, no great head-light. These things are not necessary, because the track is thoroughly protected either by high walls or by strong fences or hedges, and all the road-crossings, foot-paths, and intersecting lines are generally built above or below the grade. Where they are not thus built, trustworthy persons are employed to guard the crossing, and at a certain signal to close the entrance to the track, either by gates, bars, or chains. Accidents rarely occur; but when one does, the laws are very severe on the railroad company.  {HS 168.1}

Sheba, to the Jewish mind, was at the ends of the earth, Mat_12:42. It probably lay in southern Arabia, fifteen hundred miles from Jerusalem. The queen brought munificent presents of spices, gold, precious stones, and sweet-scented wood. The last-named Solomon used for musical instruments and for stairs in his Temple and palace, 2Ch_9:11. But the queen’s heart was set on plying him with hard questions, for which she had sought in vain a satisfactory solution.

We may come to “a greater than Solomon,” Mat_12:42. Our native country may lie far away, but He will receive us, and give us the right to live forever in His palace, listening to His words and beholding His face. Let us bring Him, as our gifts, the faith, love, and loyalty of our hearts. Above all, let us lay before Him our perplexities and questions. He may not immediately reveal an answer, as Solomon did, but will put His Spirit into our hearts. And having the anointing of the Spirit, we shall know all things, 1Jn_2:27. Though the mind cannot grasp, the heart will be at rest. The Bible, as someone says, does not teach us philosophy, but makes us philosophers. Be sure to obtain and use your share of His royal bounty. (F.B. Meyer Bible Commentary).

Edited by BlessedMan