Kingdom of Adventistan
B/W Photodude

Objects in the Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

BlessedMan
1 hour ago, stinsonmarri said:

I going to call sin by its right name!

We too often get the name right, but the "sin"  WRONG

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Kevin H
2 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Kevin: Your story was great, but can you please state what it had do with my comment to you on hell?

Blessings!

I had made a comment about how too many seem to believe that the good news of the gospel is the message that the church is going to hell in a hand-basket. They seem to relish the things they see as faults in the church. Then you seemed unpleased that I used the term "hell in a hand-basket." So I was explaining my perspective. 

stinsonmarri
18 hours ago, Kevin H said:

I had made a comment about how too many seem to believe that the good news of the gospel is the message that the church is going to hell in a hand-basket. They seem to relish the things they see as faults in the church. Then you seemed unpleased that I used the term "hell in a hand-basket." So I was explaining my perspective. 

Kevin: The rest of what you provided was fine. But you lose the value when you use things or sayings that have people believe in something that is false. It takes away everything you are present. The Bible said; "A little leaven leavens the whole lump! That's all I wanted to say!

Blessings!

stinsonmarri
19 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

Can you explain it a little more for me please!

Blessings!

BlessedMan
3 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:
22 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

Can you explain it a little more for me please!

3 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Kevin: The rest of what you provided was fine. But you lose the value when you use things or sayings that have people believe in something that is false. It takes away everything you are present. The Bible said; "A little leaven leavens the whole lump! That's all I wanted to say!

I think in this case; I would have to respectfully disagree with your comment here. IMO Kevin's post gained much value, after he explained it. It then made sense to me. While I can appreciate your diligence in wanting to follow God's Word and to avoid "leaven," I personally do not see any leaven in the post concerned. I think Kevin was just trying to say that some people will get out a list of what they call "sins" that they think the church is doing, and then they will call that listing of those supposed "sins" Good news. I think we can all agree that while it is sometimes God's will that we "call sin by its right name;" it does not follow that that is the good news, for only Christ Jesus is the good news, not the supposed sins of the church.

The only "Good News" is Jesus: (see John 1:29) Jesus is left out of the "naming of sin" because that is not the "good news." Even when we are "right" we are often wrong.

stinsonmarri
On 11/5/2019 at 12:34 AM, BlessedMan said:

I think in this case; I would have to respectfully disagree with your comment here. IMO Kevin's post gained much value, after he explained it. It then made sense to me. While I can appreciate your diligence in wanting to follow God's Word and to avoid "leaven," I personally do not see any leaven in the post concerned. I think Kevin was just trying to say that some people will get out a list of what they call "sins" that they think the church is doing, and then they will call that listing of those supposed "sins" Good news. I think we can all agree that while it is sometimes God's will that we "call sin by its right name;" it does not follow that that is the good news, for only Christ Jesus is the good news, not the supposed sins of the church.

The only "Good News" is Jesus: (see John 1:29) Jesus is left out of the "naming of sin" because that is not the "good news." Even when we are "right" we are often wrong.

I understood KevIn's message, but we must say it in a correct manner because the Bible says to us to be perfect as YAHSHUA and HIS FATHER are PERFECT! We teach our children how to do things correct on a test and if they don't it is mark wrong. We must lead my example. We cannot make this a don't notice card. You know, my mother told me that she learned that most people will be lost on the little no harm things, then on anything else. The message Kevin gave was sound but just that one phrase. There is an old saying one apple spoils the whole bunch. We cannot overlook one thing when we are dealing with people's souls. I don't want anything that I say that will cause anyone to miss out on Heaven, including me! It is just that important that THE FATHER sent HIS SON because of one error!

Blessings!

BlessedMan

We cannot overlook one thing when we are dealing with people's souls.

The caveat being is that we are not licensed to try to deal with anyone's soul but our own:

Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.  (Ezekiel 14:14).

B/W Photodude
On 11/4/2019 at 12:42 AM, stinsonmarri said:

Would you do me another favor, stop using EGW and taking her words out of context.

What one may think to be out of context may be perfectly clearly in context for another. You are not the gatekeeper for how the writings of EGW get used.

B/W Photodude
On 11/4/2019 at 12:30 AM, stinsonmarri said:

That's where you are not correct, I stated his immoral action as you did Clinton or Nixon. They both did immoral sins: they lied, Clinton committed adultery and Nixon stole.  ... So please stop accusing me of politic about this man when out clearly point out his immoral act!

Nevertheless, the fact remains that you introduced your political agenda into a thread that had nothing to do with the current leaders of the nation.

BlessedMan
On 11/6/2019 at 6:30 PM, stinsonmarri said:

You know, my mother told me that she learned that most people will be lost on the little no harm things, then on anything else.

Your Mother sounds like a wise woman...The world needs more delightful people who will quote their Mothers. IMO 😇

stinsonmarri
On 11/6/2019 at 10:49 PM, BlessedMan said:

The caveat being is that we are not licensed to try to deal with anyone's soul but our own:

Now, where did I say licensed? We are our brother's keeper and no all of have to make our own choice. But, those who want to lead, should lead by example. Job, could not save his children even if he sacrifice for them the whole day! So, that is not what I am saying at all. If we going to present truth; no lie can of any kind be a part of it. Why do you think the path is straight and narrow for kicks? It is straight and narrow because our CREATORS said that is how any of us will make it in. We all who say we love THE MOST HIGH play a part in reaching to others to show them the right path. Well that path has to be straight and narrow.

We do play a very important part in salvation-truth!

Blessings!

stinsonmarri
On 11/7/2019 at 11:10 AM, B/W Photodude said:

What one may think to be out of context may be perfectly clearly in context for another. You are not the gatekeeper for how the writings of EGW get used.

Neither are you! I have the right to stand up when people like you tried to use her for negative reason. You see, the joy I have is related to the Bible which does not practice doom! Doom is on those who rather cause negative feedback on others instead love and happiness!

BlessedMan
18 minutes ago, stinsonmarri said:

We all who say we love THE MOST HIGH play a part in reaching to others to show them the right path. Well that path has to be straight and narrow.

We do play a very important part in salvation-truth!

Blessings!

It depends on how we look at it. The "truth" we are responsible for, can only be applied to us. We dont get to "apply" it to others, as that is The Spirit's job here. Are you trying to do His job? You should relax on this point. Kevin didn't say anything "wrong," and he explained himself very well.

15 minutes ago, stinsonmarri said:

when people like you

publically placing stigma on someone in this way is uncalled for, and will not serve to preach "the truth."

stinsonmarri
4 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

It depends on how we look at it. The "truth" we are responsible for, can only be applied to us. We dont get to "apply" it to others, as that is The Spirit's job here. Are you trying to do His job? You should relax on this point. Kevin didn't say anything "wrong," and he explained himself very well.

publically placing stigma on someone in this way is uncalled for, and will not serve to preach "the truth."

Blessed man: I never put stigma on anyone! All I did was state that hell was not a word we should used. The word deals with a lie, just like the word ghost that is attached to THE HOLY SPIRIT'S NAME. If we allow it like Paul said; it is just like a little rising in bread or words that isn't truthful to be excuse. Then, we are Pharisees and cannot see that we cannot talk about anyone who does anything wrong period! Why? Because sin is sin there are no little or great sin; or  one sin that you don't get in and one you just escape by to get in. It is no different from a white lie or a black lie can you explain that one? Oh! white lies are alright because they are white! First thing some will say on this forum oh, she speaking of racism. How could I, did I made up the word? Why would someone make up words like that to cause fraction or hate so is that okay too? Here's another; "sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will never hurt you! Words do hurt you, children, young teens and adults have killed themselves over being bully. We need to stand I say for truth!

Happy Sabbath and be blessed!

stinsonmarri
2 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

But I have not claimed to be and have told no one to not quote EGW.

Oh yeah! I think you missed something I left for you.

https://adventistan.com/forums/topic/76572-special-for-stinsonmarri/?tab=comments#comment-801027

So, with this condition existing in the church it has to be much worse than even when Sister Ellen penned the following words more than one hundred years ago:
The facts are before us. The burden bearers among us are dropping off into the silent grave. The active members of the church, the true workers in all reforms, are mostly past the meridian of life, and are declining in physical and mental strength. We should anxiously contemplate who are to rise up and fill their places. To whom are to be committed the vital interests of the church? The question may be asked by us with the deepest concern, Who will bear the responsibilities of the cause of God when a few more standard-bearers fall? We can but look anxiously upon the youth of today as those who must take these burdens, and upon whom responsibilities must fall. They must take the work where others leave it; and their course will determine whether morality, religion, and vital godliness shall prevail, or whether immorality and infidelity shall corrupt and blight all that is valuable. It is the way the standard is carried now that will determine the future. 5T128

Is this what you quoted above or not. Photodue; I do not need to watch DT's rally because that is not what I am interested in. I see him on the news everyday. My concern is the immoral acts he has done. Even stealing from the non-profit foundation. Stealing is a sin! He lies, cheat, cusses and people like you accept it as ok. He is breaking the Commandments which has nothing at all to do with politics. All who ravish in their sin will be brought down low. I just stand and say it! Be sure your sins will find you out-what's in the dark will come into the light. That's in the Bible so if you have a problem with what it says; then you have a problem with THE MOST HIGH! I am a flesh being just like you and I did not write the Bible! The Bible said it was Holy men moved by THE HOLY SPIRIT so, if you have issues please talk to THE HEAVENLY FATHER about it!

Now, I just stand and cry out for the abomination that is taken place. Oh, that's in the Bible too! So, all who say they love THE MOST HIGH, then you need to have a talk with HIM! It is Word and I believe it, accept it, and tell it! I will never speak of his politic on this forum again and I promise someone that I wouldn't and I haven't. So, I have nothing to say about his political deeds at all! But, I can and will speak out against his immoral deeds against MY FATHER in Heaven!

Happy Sabbath!

BlessedMan

Blessed man: I never put stigma on anyone! All I did was state that hell was not a word we should used.

When we say things such as "people like you..." it is generally considered a stigma and personal insult. At least, in North America.  Theres nothing wrong with calling sin by its right name, but one has to have the right sin with the right name.  I dont think you have to worry about this half as much as you are.

Mat_7:3  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Mat_7:4  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Mat_7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Luk_6:41  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Luk_6:42  Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

There is abundant need for a right and sound judgment, illumined by the Spirit of truth; but there is a world of difference between it and the censorious and critical opinions which we are apt to form and utter about others. Human nature is fond of climbing up into the judgment seat and proclaiming its decisions, without hearing both sides or calling witnesses. Beware of basing your judgment on idle stories and gossip. In any case, do not utter it, if it be adverse, unless you have first prayed about it and sought to turn the sinner from the error of his ways. Let God search you, before you search another. See Psa_139:23-24; 1Co_4:1-5; Heb_4:12. (F.B. Meyer Bible Commentary).

stinsonmarri
20 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

When we say things such as "people like you..." it is generally considered a stigma and personal insult. At least, in North America.  Theres nothing wrong with calling sin by its right name, but one has to have the right sin with the right name.  I dont think you have to worry about this half as much as you are.

Now, the Bible does say that when you insult someone, you should refrain from it and I will. I do not understand the comment you wrote; "...but one has to have the right sin with the right name.  I dont think you have to worry about this half as much as you are." What are you trying to say? I also have said that all have sin which also includes me. However, I am not a leader in front of others, including children saying and doing immoral things. When those who talked about others sins constantly should look at his own. The man in the WH has done that when he have accused others. But those who accept his political views becomes angry when you states his sinful acts that he does. Yet, it alright that he can make claims about others. That is not right at all! My comment is to be consistent stop judging others sins and accepting someone you like who has committed open sins! Sin is sin!

Blessings!

Blessings!

BlessedMan

My comment is to be consistent stop judging others sins

well, thats what I mean. Kevin & B/W have not "sinned" and saying they did makes a mockery out of your "concern" about DT

You seem to be confusing the issues here; and every time you carry on about it, you just get further from the right sin, and matching it to the right name. Know what I mean?

stinsonmarri
20 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

well, thats what I mean. Kevin & B/W have not "sinned" and saying they did makes a mockery out of your "concern" about DT

You seem to be confusing the issues here; and every time you carry on about it, you just get further from the right sin, and matching it to the right name. Know what I mean?

I never said that Kevin sinned, I said the word hell is a lie. That is a sin and we all should know it by now. All of us have sin including me! Things we say ignorantly does not mean you knew about them. Many keep Christmas which is a lie and if I do not say anything about it and I know it, then I am the sinner? I know it is a lie! What I am  standing for is the principle of truth. I am not condemning him about hell. I was telling him the word was wrong to use because no one is going to hell; unless it is understood it is the grave and not a fiery pit! I do condemn those who always condemn others and are doing sinful things themselves. I don't know if Kevin knows about the word hell, but I do. Should I not tell him? I told him and it is up to him and whoever reads what I said to check it out for themselves. I apologized for what you felt that I insulted Kevin. But, I am not going to apologized to tell him that the word he used call hell is a lie; or the word ghost or any other we used that is a lie. I should acknowledge it. I stood and told Kevin that the only problem in the comment was the word hell. I also explain that it is a  lie and defeated his purpose. But I never called Kevin a sinner. If you felt that way or thought I did also Kevin then please forgive!

Blessings!