Kingdom of Adventistan
BlessedMan

Climate Change: Is It Real?

B/W Photodude

Sometimes you have to be careful to who you listen to in this "climate change" debate. The link will show how information gets twisted among other things when it comes to reporting on climate change:

https://www.science20.com/robert_walker/how_did_the_author_of_how_scientists_got_climate_change_so_wrong_get_it_so_wrong_new_york_times-243381

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

BlessedMan

The New York Times has done numerous mistaken climate change stories. They would never run an obituary about someone who hasn’t died. They wouldn’t make up a sports result and say one team won the superbowl when in fact the other did. They wouldn’t say that the UK has left the EU when it hasn’t.

Why do journalists feel that it is okay to invent whatever you like about climate change and claim it is the truth?

sounds about right

B/W Photodude
19 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

there are definitely similar problems here in Canada with drinking water - especially with our First Nations people, which I touched on in another topic here on the forum. And THAT has nothing to do with "climate change," and THE SCIENCE informs us about that by recognizing that it is caused by white-privileged capitolism entities running chemical plants and other industries,

The illusion missed in many of the "white privilege conspiracy theories" people is that white people will come out on top in any given capitalistic scheme. In Appalachia, nothing could be further from the truth. Some of the poorest people in the USA live in Appalachia. It sometimes almost looks third world here. During the time I was involved in Adventist Community Services, we had people come in for help who had no running water or electricity and had never had them. Much of the State of West Virginia has been virtually destroyed by strip mining which has polluted the water supplies. (Look down on the earth from Google and notice all the grey. That is from mountain top removal. To strip mine, you must bulldoze off the tops of mountains.) This land, the Cumberland Plateau, was once a most beautiful place, but the resources were largely stolen from the inhabitants (mostly white) and the nation was built largely on the coal and lumber plundered from Appalachia. For any doubters that white people are ever the victim of capitalist entrepreneurs, read the book "Night Comes to the Cumberlands." When this book came out in the early sixties, it shocked the nation and even had presidents visiting to see what was really going on here. (There were colored coal camps in those days, but the black population around me is very small compared to most of the South.)

Gregory Matthews

Off subject:

Appalachia:  I once lived in Dryden and managed a public cemetery for the SDA Church.  I served in congregations in Pennington Gap and Big Stone Gap.

BlessedMan
2 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

(Look down on the earth from Google and notice all the grey. That is from mountain top removal. To strip mine, you must bulldoze off the tops of mountains.) This land, the Cumberland Plateau, was once a most beautiful place, but the resources were largely stolen from the inhabitants (mostly white) and the nation was built largely on the coal and lumber plundered from Appalachia.

I remember years ago, when I was in the Church, going to West Virginia and remarking about the "Blue Ridge Mountains. As a Canadian, of course, I blurted out "these arent mountains, they are just hills," but I did go around to a number of homes to visit sick members there, and I do remember being a little shocked at the conditions some of them lived in. I realize the "white privilege" thing get overdone, and out of proportion, ; but where I see it, I dont mind calling it.

BlessedMan
2 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

For any doubters that white people are ever the victim of capitalist entrepreneurs, read the book "Night Comes to the Cumberlands." When this book came out in the early sixties, it shocked the nation and even had presidents visiting to see what was really going on here. (There were colored coal camps in those days, but the black population around me is very small compared to most of the South.)

Yes, everyone is the victim of this. More later.

8thdaypriest
On 11/12/2019 at 12:48 PM, BlessedMan said:

and why would they be doing this? because to them "Indians are expendable," and they know that if they were to do the same to our "white cities" they would be shut down right away.

"Power" not under the direction/inspiration of God, always exploits/abuses the "weaker". 

This principle is seen in the dynamic between the physically stronger (men) and the physically weaker (women),  between adults and children,  between those with guns vs those without,  between those with machines and those without, between those with money and those without, between those with greater intelligence and those without,  etc. etc. etc. etc. 

And I might also add, between powerful demons and weaker humans (except for those humans who are protected by the LORD's angels who "excel in strength"). 

In God's kingdom, those with "power" serve those not so gifted.  May His will soon be done on the earth as it is in Heaven. 

It's not about race.  It's about power and the exploitation of weakness.

B/W Photodude
6 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Off subject:

Appalachia:  I once lived in Dryden and managed a public cemetery for the SDA Church.  I served in congregations in Pennington Gap and Big Stone Gap.

Also off topic:

Religion is very important to many throughout Appalachia. But like everywhere, church attendance is declining. Many churches sit empty and largely abandoned partly because of declining attendance, but also because of declining population. The aged are leaving this life and many of the young are leaving the area for economic reasons.

Even some Adventist churches have closed down. While at a regional camp meeting, one person was heard to say, "we only get new members when they move here, but almost never are any new members to the church. We have had many come to church who arrived because of Doug Batchelor. There are many non-Adventists who really like listening to him. But they usually do not stay. I find that most people are very aware of the Sabbath day as being the Sabbath of the Bible, but it seems not to matter.

Regarding the Pennington Gap and Big Stone Gap churches, they have combined to one church in Dryden. They have a church school, but they have been downgraded, if you will, to a non-salaried lay pastor. Seems that lay pastors come with or without stipends for their labors. Other churches are at risk of being downgraded to "mission status."

Gregory Matthews

There is a lot of story about that church school and church in Dryden.  But that is outside this thread.

That congregation has suffered pain to include the pain of a long prison sentence for a member.  But that is not the subject of this thread. 

Note:  I have current contact with members of the Dryden congregation.

B/W Photodude
17 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Coal mining destroyed the environment; and shutdown of coal mining has destroyed the economy.  So sad!

I would not go so far as to say it destroyed the environment, but there have been some serious consequences to the mining.

One problem is, can you see 7+ billion people living on this earth with none of the modern, even if polluting, "advances" in modern life? Part of the cost of having this many people. (I am not a population reduction disciple and every one of the 7+ billion people and those yet to come are every bit as much loved by God.)

BlessedMan
On 11/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, phkrause said:

I've seen it before!! I watch many videos from Pastor Bohr. There's not much or even anything that I disagree on with him!

What About "The Science" On Coming IceAge?

As for the woman you saw, she is the great city that has sovereignty over the kings of the earth." (Rev 17:18, NET)

It should be noted right from the outset that this is not a "climate denier" post. The environment is badly damaged, and there is much we can do to mitigate that problem. But are we being told the right things about our environment?

When one takes the trouble to start investigating the history behind "climate change" it soon becomes clear that it certainly has been consistent, in certain ways to the past. I recall when I was in my teens how the big rage then was a coming ice age, and then in my early 20s, the "acid rain" political movements got started. here are a few quotes re The Coming Ice Age:"

“There are strong signs that these recent climate disasters were not random deviations from the usual weather, but instead signals of the emergence of a new normal for world climates.” That was written in 1974 by Walter Orr Roberts, the founder of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), who was warning of—global cooling.

The next year, Newsweek also raised the alarm about a cooler climate: “There are ominous signs that the Earth’s weather The next year, Newsweek also raised the alarm about a cooler climate: “There are ominous signs that the Earth’s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically and that these changes may portend a drastic decline in food production—with serious political implications for just about every nation on Earth.” There was an urgent need for government action:

“Climatologists are pessimistic that political leaders will take any positive action to compensate for the climatic change, or even to allay its effects. . . . The longer the planners delay, the more difficult will they find it to cope with climatic change once the results become grim reality.”13

The same tipping-point rhetoric we’re used to hearing from Al Gore and Co. on global warming permeated the 1970s global cooling scare. And of course no climate hype would be complete without appeals to a supposed scientific consensus.

Newsweek’s 1975 article noted that scientists “are almost unanimous in the view that the [cooling] trend will reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century.”

A cooler Earth was supposedly causing more extreme weather. The Newsweek article argued, “Last April, in the most devastating outbreak of tornadoes ever recorded, 148 twisters killed more than 300 people and caused half a billion dollars’ worth of damage in 13 U.S. states. . . . To scientists, these seemingly disparate incidents represent the advance signs of fundamental changes in the world’s weather.”14 The New York Times reported, “Many weather scientists expect greater variability in the earth’s weather and, consequently, greater risk of local disasters. . . .”

In recent years, there have been attempts to downplay and outright deny the global cooling fears of the 1970s. A 2008 paper that purported to erase history and claimed to reveal “The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Consensus”16 was one such attempt. Journalist James Delingpole poked fun at this historical revisionism. Delingpole wrote, “The full extent of these activists’ skullduggery has been uncovered by researcher Kenneth Richard, writing at NoTricksZone.

Richard shows that during the 1960s and 1970s, there was an 86 percent scientific consensus that the planet was on a cooling path. But this was airbrushed out of history so successfully that even now if you do a Google search on ‘70s global cooling scare’ the top results claim it never really happened.”

It would seem that the internet is being scrubbed of all references to the ice age "science." But you dont need me to tell you this. You can do your own research and find the same results. They are using the same language, the same approach as they did for The Coming Ice Age, in order to bolster the current hyper-religion of "climate Change.".

John Holdren, chief science advisor to President Obama, is a leading proponent of the global warming scare who claimed in 2014 that “the thing that keeps me up at night the most is the climate change issue.” But back in 1971, he was warning that pollution and volcanic ash could “start a new ice age.” (Morano, Marc. The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change (The Politically Incorrect Guides) (pp. 16-17). Regnery Publishing. Kindle Edition).

The temperature of the Earth has held nearly steady for two decades. And yet the climate models continue to predict accelerated warming.

Morano, Marc. The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change (The Politically Incorrect Guides) (p. 109). Regnery Publishing. Kindle Edition.

There are far too many things to consider for this post, regarding the myriads of sweetheart financial deals that have been in the works with this whole  climate change industrial complex. Al Gore seems to be a great example of one such sweetheart deal/s. When he first started speaking about "global warming," and "climate emergency," the checks were already rolling in. He had initially received a Hollywood Oscar, as well as a Swedish Nobel prize for his "science" that was almost ecclesiastical when he first started saying "Our world faces a true, planetary emergency."  When he was finished proselitizing about CO2, then he dropped a literal bombshell; which I maintain is the one thing he said that was then, and is now, very true, and it reminds me of the last verse in Rev 17:

“There are times when a small group has to make difficult decisions that will affect the future of everybody.”94

(Sussman, Brian. Climategate: A Veteran Meteorologist Exposes the Global Warming Scam (pp. 63-64). WND Books. Kindle Edition).

"Greta" is also on public record as saying: "Change is coming whether you like it or not...."  I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't hear it with my own ears. Why are we being threatened like this?

The so called "renewable energy industry" scammers have obtained a positive public image that it in no way has earned. Outrageous claims about how solar or wind energy is "rapidly replacing conventional sources" and even in my own small sphere, here in Alberta; I have seen enough to know how nuts that whole idea is becoming.

I can show you personally, places arising in our mountains and forested areas where there are huge swaths of solar panels or wind farms arising, totally defacing the wild life habitats, and the wet lands, and bringing to an end some very important wild life corridors. And they call that "going green."

No one is talking about the severe toxicity of the solar panels, or the oil and gas that it will take to make them, maintain them, recycle them, and to replace the grid lines with the right type of cable needed for "Solar" sustainability and to increase that whole industry.

Its no wonder its an "emergency" if we have "science" that is feeding us codswallop, and "scientists" who are lining up with their hands out for those big checks that will keep them "working" for years to come.  There are now in place, huge subsidies for all aspects of "sustainable energy" and the whole time they are all complaining about oil and gas subsidies. There is no way that the "green deal" is even a little bit better. Even the "First Nations" of Canada, who were just a few months ago very out-spoken about "the environment," and how a certain pipeline should not continue to be built, have the whole time protesting been making a sweet heart deal of their own to buy that very pipeline. Two more First nations have signed on to the TM Pipeline  deal just this week. You can search "the news" for yourself and find this.

The first thing this whole issue becomes, is a question about who on earth do we believe and why?

This is a list of organizations and publications critical of renewable energy.
Organization Websites

instituteforenergyresearch.org –

Technical articles concerning renewable energy.
resilientsocieties.org –

Leading authority on risks to the electric grid. na-paw.org –

North American Platform Against Windpower – lists of dozens of anti-wind organizations WindAction.org – includes library of articles

Heartland.org
wiseenergy.org
wind-watch.org
ddowt.ca

(taken from Rogers, Norman. Dumb Energy: A Critique of Wind and Solar Energy . Kindle Edition).

Could it be that "The New Green Deal" is the "trogan horse" for something else? Under the guise of "environmental stewardship" the ultimate corporate grab for world financial domination will be accomplished by the very entities that are now sporting themselves all over the internet as "environmentalists?"

What the New Climate Economy is expressing when it states that, “the shift to a low-carbon and climate-resilient economy is only one –  small – part of a much broader economic transition that is under way:”

"the transformation of global finance via the economic valuation and payment for environmental services. “The failure to price our natural capital, on which our wealth and well-being depends, is a serious failure in the global capital market. Worth many trillions of dollars in financial assets, the global capital market shapes the world we live in, and which our children will inherit.” — Kitty van der Heijden, Director, World Resources Institute Europe and Africa, Finance for One Planet, 2016471" (Morningstar, Cory. The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg . Books on Demand. Kindle Edition).

The work of apostasy has not yet reached its culmination;{GC 389.2} but it might surprise some to learn where all this "climate change" has its origins from, and how it is being used to sway the masses. Getting everyone saying the same thing is just the first step, in this most amazing ever, false flag operation being called "climate emergency."

phkrause
4 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

What About "The Science" On Coming IceAge?

No I have not seen that as of yet, this is the first I've heard of it!! Will look it up!

4 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

“There are strong signs that these recent climate disasters were not random deviations from the usual weather, but instead signals of the emergence of a new normal for world climates.” That was written in 1974 by Walter Orr Roberts, the founder of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), who was warning of—global cooling.

The next year, Newsweek also raised the alarm about a cooler climate: “There are ominous signs that the Earth’s weather The next year, Newsweek also raised the alarm about a cooler climate: “There are ominous signs that the Earth’s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically and that these changes may portend a drastic decline in food production—with serious political implications for just about every nation on Earth.” There was an urgent need for government action:

Hasn't really happened?? Its actually been getting warmer and warmer. In today's paper was reading that we are having more powerful hurricanes every year! Just this past year we had 2, 3 maybe even 4 category 5 hurricanes?? Usually we have a few 1s and 2s and maybe a 4 or 5, but not like this in the past couple years. Its been pretty devastating! This world is growing old and groaning! And lets not forget the fires throughout the west, I'm actually surprised that we've not had more fires here in Florida!! Thank God is all I can say!

BlessedMan
32 minutes ago, phkrause said:

No I have not seen that as of yet, this is the first I've heard of it!! Will look it up!

Hasn't really happened?? Its actually been getting warmer and warmer. In today's paper was reading that we are having more powerful hurricanes every year! Just this past year we had 2, 3 maybe even 4 category 5 hurricanes?? Usually we have a few 1s and 2s and maybe a 4 or 5, but not like this in the past couple years. Its been pretty devastating! This world is growing old and groaning! And lets not forget the fires throughout the west, I'm actually surprised that we've not had more fires here in Florida!! Thank God is all I can say!

You are 100% correct; The Ice Age did not happen! But what did happen, is the "climate" language, for the "global warming" is EXACTLY the same as the language used for The "IceAge" and "acid rain" and all manner of supposed global catastrophe, allegedly coming our way. They couch their "predictions" and "science" in all the same rhetoric, I mean how many "end of the world" predictions have there already been? It hasnt really been getting "warmer," as one can see by the history. Trying now to say "its about the climate" is like saying what they said about the ice age and global cooling. That is my whole point, there is no difference. There are SOME record temperatures happening; but does THAT really translate into "climate emergency?"  I remember much hotter weather when I was a kid, (55 years ago) at least.  My best guess, so far, (and I am open to correction) is that, like the other times, there is no "emergency," and the higher temperatures in SOME places are part of natural weather cycles. Its easy now with Big Data to make it appear to be something else, but One of the best clues to all this is to simply go to the sources and see what else they are after. I can assure you it's NOT just about the climate. Also, if you have the courage, take a look at where this is originating from.  I don't pretend to be an expert with this, or with politics or prophecy. All I am doing is posting what I find as I look into this. If you, or anyone thinks its just about the climate; I am open to correction that can be verified.

BlessedMan
1 minute ago, BlessedMan said:

and the higher temperatures in SOME places are part of natural weather cycles

and yes, I am very much aware of what the green deal apologists have to say about "people like me" who are "deniers" and try to say its "just natural weather cycles."

In future posts, I will comment in detail about that, but again, suffice it to say, check around a bit, and then try to say its "just about climate."

It's certainly a "green deal," to be sure, but green for who? It certainly looks connected to 'going green" as in all the way to the bank with all of the "green" they can steal from us under the guise of "emergency."

BlessedMan
On 11/14/2019 at 5:48 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

There is a lot of story about that church school and church in Dryden.  But that is outside this thread.

That congregation has suffered pain to include the pain of a long prison sentence for a member.  But that is not the subject of this thread. 

Note:  I have current contact with members of the Dryden congregation.

Howdy Gregory, I am a little lost here on this comment. I had made note a few times to ask you about this, but kept getting side-tracked. may I ask why you posted this? Was it in connection to something in this topic? Just wondering.

BlessedMan
On 11/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, B/W Photodude said:

One thing that is sad is the exploitation of a teenager from Sweden to push this agenda. Poor Greta, who also is said to have Asperger's syndrome, actually believes her childhood has been destroyed. 

well, I agree with this; and this is not directed at you. I wrote an article that might be of interest to some following this topic. I wont be on this forum much for a while as other duties are calling, but people can still "follow" me at one of my sites.

STOP Picking On Greta!!

stinsonmarri
On 11/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, BlessedMan said:

Could it be that "climate change" or "climate EMERGENCY" is going to be the vehicle for globalization and compelling of the conscience for "the common good,"  and that in the very near future there will be demands to "keep Sunday" for the "common good?"

Blessed Man: The 144,000 are seal and it was in the angels hand coming from the east. These IsraEL will come in THE POWER of THE HOLY SPIRIT like Elijah to reap the harvest of souls. The Commandments will be the issue but the also like Moses will bring down upon the papacy and all religious bodies first. The whore will be in Jerusalem and the beast will not be seen at this time. This Time is the Time of Trouble on the wicked. THERE WILL BE NO SUNDAY VS THE SABBATH! I know EGW and the pioneers believed that but we have more knowledge and understanding now. Sealed people do not need to go through anymore trial and tribulations they are not going to sin anymore! The ones who will have tribulation is the great multitude and the Bible states that! They will see the power and miracles of healing the dead and causing the earth to be in an upheaval like you have never seen before! That will be the 144,000! There is no Bible Scripture about the Sabbath vs Sunday that is sadly man made by our pioneers. EGW said clearly only YAHWEH is FALLIBLE and if we come across errors that they once thought was right stand for the truth and not the error!

Blessings!

BlessedMan

This whole issue is getting close to a tipping point, to be sure. Huge power-grabs are in the works. Even bigger efforts are being made to censor/or worse,  anyone who question the radicalized climate agenda.

A new web site that will help to give a more focused, and accurate picture of CO2 and the alarmist mentations of the nations:

Why can’t we ask questions?

Why can we not have a responsible climate conversation?

After numerous climate discussions with people I am realizing they are having a shift of thoughts. The majority of people I’ve talked with, have concerns that Climate CO2 alarmism is an untruth. Their concerns illustrate apprehension of the climate alarmist threats.

During more in-depth discussions the majority express a lack of understanding of why this is being forced upon them, they also can not equate the alarmist goal with Alberta’s current economic situation.

The conversational responses express a perspective of helplessness to react or even attempt a rebuttal conversation.  There is concerning phsycological disconnect between alarmist threats and the effectiveness of logical, substantiated proven facts to contradict the opinions of the alarmist. People express a loss of ability to rebut what alarmists profess as factual.  People indicate personal isolation and fear to be the reason for response restraint.

Our responsibility as Grassroots Albertans is to provide factual proven information, to mould an understanding of what drives the climate alarmist attitude, and their forceful presentation. The climate alarmist’s methods are best described as bullying. Their bullying is employed to suppress any questioning or even a productive rebuttal discussion. By using this presentation method, the climate fear alarmists realize our fear of public confrontation and therefore they will exert an overwhelming string of verbal threats towards anyone that does not follow their desired result.

Our task; is to become informed.  Understand and relate correct factual information. Learning to remain calm, to not be angry, and learning not to feel threatened.  We must become secure and confident that our knowledge is based in fact. Remember; “knowledge is power.”  

But to use this power we must first understand our knowledge.  Secondly, we must suppress our emotions and fears and remain calm. Thirdly, we must employ our responses to exhibit our freedoms and rights to question the climate alarmist.

I am happy to see people rising up to speak truth to power:

CO² is NOT a Pollutant Despite Claims to the Contrary

climate r.jpg

In speaking about her climate pact with former Premier Kathleen Wynne of Ontario, former Alberta Premier Rachel Notley said: “Partnerships like these are critical to meeting our shared objectives to reduce carbon pollution.”

Clearly, Notley believes carbon dioxide (CO²) is a pollutant. No small number of academics and world-class scientists would disagree.

Will Happer is an atomic physicist at Princeton and a member of JASON, a small group of elite scientists who advise the U.S. government on matters of science and technology, mostly of a sensitive nature. Happer is also past director of the Office of Science at the U.S. Department of Energy.

Happer says: “We need to be vigilant to keep our land, air, and waters free of real pollution but carbon dioxide (CO²) is not one of these pollutants.” Testifying before the U.S. Congress, he said: “We try to keep CO² levels in our U.S. Navy submarines no higher than 8,000 parts per million, about 20 times current atmospheric levels. Few adverse effects are observed at even higher levels.”

Freeman Dyson, like Happer, is one of the elite scientists involved with JASON. For more than four decades, Dyson taught theoretical physics at Princeton’s Institute for Advanced Study, which the New York Times called “the most rarefied community of scholars.” The Times says Dyson is “a scientist whose intelligence is revered” even by scientists.

Dyson says: “The idea that global warming is the most important problem facing the world is total nonsense and is doing a lot of harm.” SOURCE

BlessedMan

Record Farm Yields Contradict Climate Doomsayers’ Claims

U.S. and global crop production continue to set new records, even as climate activists ramp up a campaign to convince people that climate change is decimating crop production and forcing farmers out of business.

The latest misinformation was spread by Politico. Politico in October published an article titled, “‘I’m standing right here in the middle of climate change’: How USDA is failing farmers.” On December 9, Politico followed up with an article titled, “How a closed-door meeting shows farmers are waking up on climate change.” The October article claimed “American farmers are reeling” from extreme weather caused by climate change. The article also complained that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is not devoting more money toward climate change programs. The December article asserted horrible “destruction wrought by catastrophic weather this year.” The article placed the blame on climate change and then trumpeted efforts to change government agriculture policy to focus on climate change.

The Politico articles generated substantial attention from the media echo chamber, including Google News searches for “climate change” placing the Politico articles at the top of search results. Unfortunately for climate activists – but fortunately for farmers and the rest of us – the climate change crop scare is pure fiction. READ MORE