Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Matthews

People on Line

Gregory Matthews

A few minutes ago there were 290 people viewing this forum.  I was the only member.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

dgrimm60

GREGORY

well  that  is  very  interesting==that  means  that  many  people  are  checking  out  this  forum

dgrimm60

Gregory Matthews

As I write now, there are 297 people viewing this forum, two (2) of whom are members.

dgrimm60

GREGORY

Well  there  has been  an  increase  in both  non members===and  members

:announce::thumbsup::shofar:

dgrimm60

JoeMo

Looking at the forum is one thing.  Actually participating in it is another.  We need people to participate!  There are probably less than 20 members who actively participate. 

Gregory Matthews

A few minutes ago 358 were viewing and 2 were members.

My point:  Many are reading our posts.

rudywoofs (Pam)

Members who aren't signed in will show up as unidentified viewers.  I often look in without signing in.

The reason I don't sign in is that most of the threads are not interesting or relevant to me.  Frankly, I'm abysmally apathetic to most of the recent theological threads (and "theology" is what most of the threads are about).  The majority are b-o-r-i-n-g, and elicit nothing but yawns and/or disgust from me.  For example, I honestly don't care about tearing down the meanings in the original Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic, or how many wings poke out on the backs of some mythical beasts in Revelation.  The "Women's ordination" topic is less now about preaching the Gospel, and more like "I Don't Care WHO Is Called, As Long As It's A Female" — that's annoying, and reeks of reverse discrimination, imho.  Some of the other topics are also just as smelly as an old fish (Isn't it about time to let go of the 3ABN Albatross?).  And I'm really tired of seeing comments where someone feels offended and wants apologies up and down the ying yang.  For heavens sake, people.... get a grip and pull up your big girl or big boy pants.  This is a forum — not a nursery for snowflakes who want to be offended at every turn of the proverbial wheel.

Good Honk.  Where's Mrs. Gray when you need her?!

Stir Pot.gif

dgrimm60

GREGORY

like  RODYWOOFS( Pam )  have  said   some  of the  topics  are  not  that  interesting to  me

and  some  are  just  trying to  provoke ===but  I  do  post  as  much  as  I  can

ddgrimm60

JoeMo

I agree with Pam and dgrimm. Most new posts here are stale and uninteresting; or beat into the ground.  I'm just about done trying to post new subjects; because they mostly seem to start arguments and personal insults going back and forth.

Instead of complaining about it, I wish people would just post some new topics. There are NO stupid topics or questions. I invite some of the casual observers to post topics that interest them. Parsing words from ancient languages , condemning the RCC, and denigrating other members doesn't exactly inspire others to post stuff outside of traditional Adventism especially if those casual observers are not SDA.  If I were a non-SDA, I would be afraid of posting stuff here for fear of being attacked or criticized.  Scripture says they will know we are Christians by our love for one another; not by our doctrinal "purity" and ability to harshly put down those with whom we disagree, or the thinness of our skin when someone disagrees with us.

I particularly miss Pam, Gail, and Tom Wetmore; among others who have gone silent.