Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

BREAKING: Solicitor General Asks Supreme Court to Hear Sabbath Accommodation Case

Stan

The Solicitor General of the United States, Noel Francisco, has recommended that the United States Supreme Court agree to consider a Sabbath accommodation case involving a Seventh-day Adventist. 

The post BREAKING: Solicitor General Asks Supreme Court to Hear Sabbath Accommodation Case appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV / Founders' First Freedom - Celebrating Liberty of Conscience.

ReligiousLiberty-Rltv?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ReligiousLiberty-Rltv?d=qj6IDK7rITs
p2NbmZnRinE

View the full article

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Gregory Matthews
Gregory Matthews

NOTE: If I remember the details of this case, I have some reservations as to whether it is beneficial to "Sabbath-keepers" to have the Supreme Court hear this case.

Gregory Matthews

Yes, I do have concerns about this case.  the following quote informs as to the basis for my concern:

I have Bolded and underlined the point of my concern.

This dispute centers around Walgreens’ need for emergency training that required Patterson to perform his duties as a Training Instructor on Saturday. Several other employees could have filled in for Patterson, but Patterson did not contact them. Instead, after contacting only one co-worker who was unable to swap shifts, Patterson simply chose not to report to work. At that point, Walgreens offered Patterson the opportunity of a transfer to a different position within the company with a larger pool of employees that would make it easier for him to swap shifts. Patterson categorically refused, insisting that the only accommodation he would accept would be maintaining his current position together with an ironclad guarantee that he never work on Saturday, regardless of whether an emergency arose.