Kingdom of Adventistan

Spending Christmas

Gregory Matthews

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place for all here to share how they intend to spend Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, or how they have actually spent such:  I will start off:

Christmas Eve:  With my wife and youngest son, I will join my 2nd son, his family and many relatives for a celebration and gift exchange.  Missing from this will be my 2nd step-great grandchild who popped into life less than a week ago and continues to adjust to life in the outside world, his brother who is sick, and his mother who is caring for the two.

Christmas Day:  This will be a more quiet day.  Our youngest son, is visiting us and we will be joined by my oldest son and his mother as we share a Christmas meal which my wife has prepared and  otherwise celebrate the day together.

God is good:

Life is good.

Family is good:

• Like 2

I'm here at my home on Christmas Eve with my two pups, neither of whom got me a Christmas present 😐.  Tomorrow will be the same.   Maybe I'll vacuum the carpet and have a TV Dinner ~  lol

Grand kids, or I should say oldest, who's 10, couldn't sleep and kept coming and waking us up to open presents. We finally relented and let him start opening presents with his 7 year old brother, around 6 am. Got his parents up to so they could take pictures too. After I made pancakes for breakfast. Now starting to cook for eating around 1 pm. I've already made the cranberry sauce yesterday so its nice and cold. Was going to do a Tofurky for today, but we already had a turkey, with no bones, so I'm making that with herb stuffing on the side with a few other dishes. Will do the Tofurky Dinner for New Years day. Will just be Connie, my wife, with the grand kids and there parents. It'll be our second Christmas without my Mom!

I am doing all the heavy-hitting today, a complete christmas dinner with all the trimmings. She may not be able to eat much of it, but its still a good way to be together. THAT is our GIFT this year, that God gave us. A friend who sent me an email the other day said it like this:

I hope your wife and you have a good Christmas time and it is great to see you guys are still together. I can remember last Christmas how you weren't sure you will still have her and another year has passed and you still have her.Seems you have been very blessed this year.

What more could we ask for?

• Like 2