Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
james423

Lesson 3 -From Mystery to Babylon

james423

Memory Text: Daniel 2:20 Common English Bible God’s name be praised from age to eternal age! Wisdom and might are his!

Sunday – Immanence of God

Daniel 2:1-16 New Life Version In the second year that Nebuchadnezzar was king, he had a dream. His spirit was troubled and he could not sleep. 2 Then the king called for the wonder-workers, those who used secret ways, those who learned from stars, to tell the king what he had dreamed. So they came in and stood in front of the king. 3 The king said to them, “I had a dream that troubles me, and I want to know what the dream means.”4 Then those who learn from stars said to the king in the Aramaic language, “O king, live forever! Tell the dream to your servants, and we will tell you what it means.” 5 The king answered, saying, “My word is sure. If you do not tell me what my dream was and what it means, you will be torn apart and your houses will be laid waste. 6 But if you tell me the dream and what it means, I will give you gifts and riches and great honor. So tell me the dream and what it means.” 7 They answered the king a second time, saying, “Let the king tell the dream to his servants, and we will tell you what it means.” 8 The king said, “I am sure that you are trying to get more time, because you see that my word is sure. 9 You know that if you do not tell me what I dreamed, there is only one penalty for you. You have agreed among yourselves to keep telling me lies until things change. So tell me the dream. Then I will know that you can tell me what it means.” 10 Those who learn from stars answered the king and said, “There is not a man on earth who can do this for the king. For no great king or ruler has ever asked anything like this of any wonder-worker or one who learns from stars. 11 What the king asks is too hard. No one can do it for you except the gods, who do not live among men.” 12 Because of this the king became very angry and said that all the wise men of Babylon must be destroyed. 13 So the law was sent out that the wise men must be killed. They looked for Daniel and his friends, to kill them also. 14 Then Daniel spoke with wisdom and understanding to Arioch, the captain of the soldiers who watched over the king, who had gone out to kill the wise men of Babylon. 15 He said to Arioch, the king’s captain, “Why is the king’s law so hard?” Then Arioch told him what had happened. 16 So Daniel went in and asked the king for time, so that he could tell the king what the dream meant.

Monday – The Prayer

Daniel 17-23 New English Translation 7 Then Daniel went to his home and informed his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah of the matter. 18 He asked them to pray for mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery so that he[a] and his friends would not be destroyed along with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. 19 Then in a night vision the mystery was revealed to Daniel. So Daniel praised the God of heaven, 20 saying: “Let the name of Go be praised forever and ever,for wisdom and power belong to him. 21 He changes times and seasons, deposing some kings and establishing others He gives wisdom to the wise; he imparts knowledge to those with understanding; 22 he reveals deep and hidden things. He knows what is in the darkness, and light resides with him. 23 O God of my fathers, I acknowledge and glorify you, for you have bestowed wisdom and power on me. Now you have enabled me to understand what we[ requested from you. For you have enabled us to understand the king’s dilemma.”

Psalm 138 Holman Christian Standard Bible I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing Your praise before the heavenly beings. 2 I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your constant love and truth. You have exalted Your name and Your promise above everything else.  3 On the day I called, You answered me; You increased strength within me. 4 All the kings on earth will give You thanks, Lord, when they hear what You have promised. 5 They will sing of the Lord’s ways, for the Lord’s glory is great.6 Though the Lord is exalted, He takes note of the humble; but He knows the haughty from a distance.7 If I walk into the thick of danger, You will preserve my life from the anger of my enemies. You will extend Your hand; Your right hand will save me.8 The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Lord, Your love is eternal; do not abandon the work of Your hands.

Tuesday – The Image: Part 1

Daniel 2:24-30 Common English Bible 24 So Daniel went to Arioch, the man the king had appointed to wipe out Babylon’s sages. Daniel said to him, “Don’t wipe out the sages of Babylon! Bring me before the king, and I will explain the dream’s meaning to him.” 25 Wasting no time, Arioch brought Daniel before the king, telling him, “I have found someone from the Judean exiles who will tell the dream’s meaning to the king.” 26 In reply the king said to Daniel (whose name was Belteshazzar), “Can you really tell me the dream that I saw, as well as its meaning?” 27 Daniel answered the king, “Sages, enchanters, dream interpreters, and diviners can’t explain to the king the mystery he seeks. 28 But there is a God in heaven, a revealer of mysteries, who has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in the days to come! Now this was your dream—this was the vision in your head as you lay in your bed: 29 “As you lay in bed, Your Majesty, your thoughts turned to what will happen in the future. The revealer of mysteries has revealed to you what will happen. 30 Now this mystery was revealed to me, not because I have more wisdom than any other living person but so that the dream’s meaning might be made known to the king, and so that you might know the thoughts of your own mind.

John 15:5  English Standard Version I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Daniel 2:31-49 Modern English Version 31 “You, O king, were watching, and there was a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before you. And its form was awesome. 32 This image’s head was of fine gold, its breast and its arms of silver, its belly and its thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay. 34 You watched until a stone was cut out without hands which struck the image upon its feet, which were of iron and clay, and broke them to pieces. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors. And the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. But the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth. 36 “This was the dream. Now we will tell its interpretation before the king. 37 You, O king, are the king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38 Wherever the sons of men dwell, or the animals of the field, or the fowl of the heavens, He has given them into your hand and has made you ruler over them all. You are the head of gold. 39 “After you, another kingdom inferior to you shall arise, and a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth. 40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, for iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, it shall crush and shatter all these. 41 As you saw the feet and toes, partly of potters’ clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided. But there shall be in it some of the strength of the iron, inasmuch as you saw the iron mixed with miry clay. 42 As the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly broken. 43 Whereas you saw iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men, but they shall not cleave to one another, even as iron does not mix with clay.44 “In the days of these kings the God of heaven shall set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed. And the kingdom shall not be left to another people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. 45 Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter. And the dream is certain, and its interpretation sure.”  46 Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face and did homage to Daniel, and commanded that they should present an offering and sweet incense to him. 47 The king answered Daniel and said, “Truly your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, since you could reveal this secret.” 48 Then the king advanced Daniel and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon. 49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego over the affairs of the province of Babylon. But Daniel sat at the court of the king.

Daniel 2:38 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY  The message of the dream was for the instruction of Nebuchadnezzar as well as of the rulers and people to the end of time. The outline of prophecy carries us from Nebuchadnezzar’s day down to the end of the world and the second coming of Christ Nebuchadnezzar had been looking forward with anxious forebodings to the future God revealed to him the future, not to satisfy his curiosity, but to awaken in his mind a sense of personal responsibility toward the program of heaven.

John 6:54 New English Translation The one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

2 Corinthians 4:18 God’s WORD Translation We don’t look for things that can be seen but for things that can’t be seen. Things that can be seen are only temporary. But things that can’t be seen last forever.

Wednesday – The Image: Part 2

Daniel 2:31-49 See Tuesday’s lesson above for these repeated verses

Thursday – The Stone

Daniel 2:34-35; New Century Version 34 While you were looking at the statue, you saw a rock cut free, but no human being touched the rock. It hit the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. 35 Then the iron, clay, bronze, silver, and gold broke to pieces at the same time. They became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summertime; the wind blew them away, and there was nothing left. Then the rock that hit the statue became a very large mountain that filled the whole earth.

Daniel 2:44-45 New Century Version 44 “During the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up another kingdom that will never be destroyed or given to another group of people. This kingdom will crush all the other kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will continue forever. 45 “King Nebuchadnezzar, you saw a rock cut from a mountain, but no human being touched it. The rock broke the iron, bronze, clay, silver, and gold to pieces. In this way the great God showed you what will happen. The dream is true, and you can trust this explanation.”

Daniel 2:44 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY Daniel’s prophecy has stood and will stand the test of time. Some world powers have been weak, others strong. Nationalism has continued strong. Attempts to unite into one great empire the various nations that grew out of the fourth empire have ended in failure. Temporarily certain sections have been united, but the union has not proved peaceful or permanent.There have also been many political alliances among the nations. Farseeing statesmen have tried in various ways to bring about a federation of nations that would operate successfully, but all such attempts have proved disappointing.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.