Kingdom of Adventistan
BlessedMan

How Long Is The Test?

BlessedMan

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. (James 1:12, ESV)

So, how long is "the test?"  

And what is this "crown of life?"

Should we want this "crown" if we don't know what it is?

phkrause

I read it as it reads? To me the "Crown of Life," is Eternal Life that the Bible talks about throughout. God keeps promising us that we will be living with him throughout eternity? And that to me leads us to the other question "the test!" To me its how we live our lives, sure there will always be the ups and downs, and so if we pass the test, or maybe we should say the different trials we go through, and that will bring us to the "crown of Life" living with Jesus for eternity? That's the way I see it!!

dgrimm60

BLESSED MAN

Crown in the  Bible  is  a  forum of  honor  and recognition  that  JESUS  bestows  upon 

those  who faithfully  serve and honor HIM===== the  test  is  our  life' and how  we have  a

relationship with HIM==== and  yes  we  show  want  to  be  with  JESUS   all the  time HE

is  our  only  hope

dgrim60

BlessedMan
21 minutes ago, phkrause said:

that to me leads us to the other question "the test!" To me its how we live our lives, sure there will always be the ups and downs, and so if we pass the test,

Maybe this is getting at some of what I was thinking when I made the OP? It seems some days to be quite hopeless, because we are, in a sense, sentenced to a life-long test!  And this "if we fail" idea, is really irksome. Do we have any way of knowing on a given day how we are doing on this test? Know what I mean?

13 minutes ago, dgrimm60 said:

Crown in the  Bible  is  a  forum of  honor  and recognition  that  JESUS  bestows  upon 

those  who faithfully  serve and honor HIM

THIS is a very interesting thought that appeals to me. I have days where I would never even dream about Jesus "bestowing recognition" recognition for "little ol me."

15 minutes ago, dgrimm60 said:

the  test  is  our  life'

THIS is the scary part.

phkrause
13 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

It seems some days to be quite hopeless, because we are, in a sense, sentenced to a life-long test!  And this "if we fail" idea, is really irksome. Do we have any way of knowing on a given day how we are doing on this test? Know what I mean?

I feel like that too!! And yes I know what you mean!!

stinsonmarri
On 3/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, BlessedMan said:

Should we want this "crown" if we don't know what it is?

The Test will end when the 144,000 are seal:

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. Dan 12:3, 4 

And I looked, and, lo, A LAMB  stood on the Mount Zion, and with HIM an hundred forty and four thousand, having HIS NAME and HIS FATHER'S NAME written in their foreheads. And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one (they)sat like unto the Son of man, having on his  (their) heads Golden Crowns, and in his (their) hand a sharp sickle.  And another angel came out of the Temple, crying with a loud voice to him (them) that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. And he (they) that sat on the cloud thrust in his (their)sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. Rev 14:1,14-16  (Read Strong and will see that you choose and he, his were not written as we think.)

This Scriptures are referring to the 144,000, if you read in Rev 19:12 YAHSHUA has many Crowns. This is the test and people here have claim to know HIM, but they don't. The beginning of Sorrow has begun, many have allowed immoral acts to take place even the blasphemy of THE ALMIGHTY ONES! Pushing away THE HOLY SPIRIT! Pestilence, earthquakes, tornadoes are hitting the earth and a pandemic has come. Separation is about to take place. This is the final test signs of YAHSHUA are taking over. Are your lamps filled with OIL? Abomination has reach THE FATHER and we all need to pray!

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.  All these are the beginning of sorrows. Mat 24:7, 8

Blessings!

TrevorL

Greetings BlessedMan,

On 3/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, BlessedMan said:

The following uses similar terms to James 1:12, and the example of Paul also helps us to understand what is meant:

James 1:12 (ESV) Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

2 Timothy 4:1,6–8 (KJV): 1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

The test will end for those now living when Jesus returns to grant the crown of life, the crown of righteousness, that is eternal life in the future kingdom that is to be established upon earth when he returns. Those who receive this crown will be the faithful who love God and love his appearing. Many, like Paul, will be waiting in the grave for the resurrection and then judgement and glorification.

Kind regards Trevor

BlessedMan
5 hours ago, TrevorL said:

unto all them also that love his appearing.

I think this could be the key. Christ is the key. Many want "eternal life" but do not "love His appearing."

stinsonmarri
44 minutes ago, BlessedMan said:

I think this could be the key. Christ is the key. Many want "eternal life" but do not "love His appearing."

The Bible says in Revelation that many will not want to see HIS appearance.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from THE FACE of HIM that sitteth on the Throne, and from THE WRATH of THE LAMB:   For The Treat Day of HIS WRATH is come; and who shall be able to stand? Rev 6:15-17  

Blessings!

BlessedMan

Isa_48:10. God's Children Always Being Tested.--God's children are always being tested in the furnace of affliction. If they endure the first trial, it is not necessary for them to pass through a similar ordeal the second time; but if they fail, the trial is brought to them again and again, each time being still more trying and severe. Thus opportunity after opportunity is placed before them of gaining the victory and proving themselves true to God. But if they continue to manifest rebellion, God is compelled at last to remove His Spirit and light from them (MS 69, 1912).  {4BC 1146.7}

So is this "testing" a way for God to punish us? Scare us into "submission?" What kind of "test" is that?

JoeMo
On 7/9/2020 at 9:19 AM, BlessedMan said:

So is this "testing" a way for God to punish us? Scare us into "submission?" What kind of "test" is that?

Referring to the EGW quote in your post, just because EGW said it doesn't make it so.  God is not in the business of punishing His elect; He is in the business of loving them and helping them into the Kingdom with His Holy Spirit.  John 3:17 says God sent not His Son into the world to condemn it, but that the world through Him might be saved.  Any tests God sends our way are meant to mature us - not harm us.  God's word says that a Father who loves His children disciplines (make disciples of) His children.  Discipline involves learning a lesson. Punishment involves hurting people.

God does not punish His elect; but He will punish the wicked - all the way to death.  All of the times the "mean God" of the OT destroyed a civilization, it was to protect His Chosen people and the pure lineage of Christ.  In the end days, God will destroy (punish) the wicked in order to preserve His Chosen people Israel (including spiritual Israel).

phkrause
4 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Referring to the EGW quote in your post, just because EGW said it doesn't make it so.  God is not in the business of punishing His elect; He is in the business of loving them and helping them into the Kingdom with His Holy Spirit.  John 3:17 says God sent not His Son into the world to condemn it, but that the world through Him might be saved.  Any tests God sends our way are meant to mature us - not harm us.  God's word says that a Father who loves His children disciplines (make disciples of) His children.  Discipline involves learning a lesson. Punishment involves hurting people.

God does not punish His elect; but He will punish the wicked - all the way to death.  All of the times the "mean God" of the OT destroyed a civilization, it was to protect His Chosen people and the pure lineage of Christ.  In the end days, God will destroy (punish) the wicked in order to preserve His Chosen people Israel (including spiritual Israel).

So what is the OT for? Sure some of it is how the world/Universe was created and how creation was done, etc. But for the most part after the first 5 books it's pretty much punishing and than his people would wake up to there sin and pray and God taking them back, over and over!! Having said that I'm not sure that God is punishing anyone today, but maybe trying to wake up his chosen now??

BlessedMan

Its likely important to note here that the "EGW quote" I used above was posted for reasons of promoting discussion on this sometimes sensitive topic. I didnt post it because EGW said it, nor did I post it because I thought it was right. My effort and focus is trying to reflect on a very common mentality we see amongst Christians of most major denominations.

2 hours ago, phkrause said:

Having said that I'm not sure that God is punishing anyone today,

why would God "punish" people in the OT and not in the NT? Its the same gospel in both OT & NT

7 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Discipline involves learning a lesson. Punishment involves hurting people.

"Discipline" can actually hurt very much. Discipline seems to carry the same force as punishment in my world. I would like to see Bible texts that would outline your point here.

JoeMo
13 hours ago, phkrause said:

So what is the OT for? Sure some of it is how the world/Universe was created and how creation was done, etc. But for the most part after the first 5 books it's pretty much punishing and than his people would wake up to there sin and pray and God taking them back, over and over!! Having said that I'm not sure that God is punishing anyone today, but maybe trying to wake up his chosen now??

The OT in Christ concealed.  The pre-incarnate Christ is the LORD of the OT.  The OT is the only scripture Israel had until after Christ ascended. So what is the OT for?

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

What scripture was this?  It was the OT.  The NT had not been written yet.

JoeMo
11 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

"Discipline" can actually hurt very much. Discipline seems to carry the same force as punishment in my world. I would like to see Bible texts that would outline your point here.

"My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not resent his rebuke,
because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
    as a father the son he delights in." (Pr. 3:11-12)

"Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life,
    but whoever ignores correction leads others astray." (Pr. 10:17)

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
    but whoever hates correction is stupid." (Pr. 12:1)

BlessedMan
On 7/11/2020 at 7:59 AM, JoeMo said:

"My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not resent his rebuke,
because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
    as a father the son he delights in." (Pr. 3:11-12)

"Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life,
    but whoever ignores correction leads others astray." (Pr. 10:17)

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
    but whoever hates correction is stupid." (Pr. 12:1)

We church people sure do love to quote our scripture LIST that we think applies to everyone in every situation. But PUNISHMENT is completely different than "discipline", both in scripture, and hopefully, in our personal lives today. I am reminded of Psalms 23: 4

Your rod and Your staff comfort me. Psalms 23:4

This reads to me like a "pre-commitment" of sorts where we commit ourselves to God's discipline/correction. As opposed to "every person doing whats right in their own eyes," (Deut 12:8, Judges 17:6, Jude 21:25, Prov 12:15,  Prov 21:2), we can reach the point where we do welcome God's loving discipline in our life.

But this is all much different than punishment. No one loves punishment, and it is not the same thing as God's loving discipline. To shout someone down for "not loving God's "discipline" when they are convinced its punishment is to ignore the very real plight of many people who see whats happening to them as God simply punishing them. Where did they get such an idea? How did they get this kind of picture of God? It had to have been from "the church" or people who make a profession of being "christian" but have no idea as to the context of whats happening to them, nor the scripture-whipping they are so fond of because we won't take the time to listen to them, and to set God's character aright when we "witness" to them.

JoeMo
16 minutes ago, BlessedMan said:

We church people sure do love to quote our scripture LIST that we think applies to everyone in every situation.

Quoting scripture beats the heck out of quoting EGW.

B/W Photodude
2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

I quote both!

JoeMo
38 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

I quote both!

Nothing wrong with that! I even quote EGW sometimes.

BlessedMan
2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Not really, when we quote it out of context, over-emphasize certain parts at expense of other parts and use it to whip people with, to say "I got you," then we may as well quote from a dictionary and forget about the Bible. EGW stuff is no different. Use it correctly or lose it completely. I am with BJ in his reply to this. I quote both.

stinsonmarri
On 3/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, BlessedMan said:

Yes, love is the key, but many only speak it, but they do not truly mean it.

If ye love ME, keep MY Commandments. John 14:15  

We claim to love HIM, but many don't and that is the problem. If all those in the many churches had this type of love it would not take the young people to take to the streets today. Many of these young people have left the churches because they have not found love there. Instead they found confusion and one church believe this way and another a different way. They see gossiping, clicks, adultery, lying, backstabbing, over religious but denying the truth of THE MOST HIGH! So, they left being true to them self and their way of life. However, the Bible said that children shall lead the way. It was the young people who realize that Black lives matter and even during a pandemic they came out and then the mothers, fathers, grandfathers and grandmothers, children of all nationality woke up. YAHWEH allowed a pandemic to strike and it took away all of the varies types of entertainment and bars, restaurants were close, Parents had to stay home with their children and work with them on their school work. They had to sit at the table and eat together and talk to each and not smart phones, computers. Each going their own way. It cause those who realize how they have truly mistreated Black people  for four hundred years, also the American Indians, the Asians, the Brown Hispanics. All over the world they saw a black man being choke to death by the police and YAHWEH open their eyes. True love came out and this phenomena  really happen because, YAHSHUA appearing is really close. The test for the crown is coming to a close. Those who really love HIM will bring in others and it doesn't matter what color your skin is. It doesn't matter what color YAHSHUA IS, what matter is loving and be obedient to HIS WORD!  The Gospel shall be preach into all the world, to every nation, tongue and kingdom. Yes, and then the end will come!

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which THE MASTER, THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love HIS appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8  

Happy Sabbath and Blessing to All!:bsurrounded:::xx::