Kingdom of Adventistan
B/W Photodude

Offerings are dwindling

B/W Photodude

As a church treasurer I have received two recent letters asking that we send in the names of the church officers and to make sure there are no officers who do not pay tithe. I understand that with churches being closed that giving is way down and they are scrambling to fix the problem of decreased giving. I have been told that when members miss giving because of church closures that it seldom gets made up later on. Unfortunately, in the NAD they have to deal with the problems related to how they are treating the rest of the world in reducing the amount of tithe sent to them. So, things are going to get real rocky for the financial shape of the church in the future.

As offerings dwindle, some churches fear for their future

https://religionnews.com/2020/03/23/as-offerings-dwindle-some-churches-fear-for-their-future/

dgrimm60

B/W PHOTODUDE

thank you for  posting this article ====  yes I am  sure  that the  tithes and offerings  will be  down===

but  if  we keep  them  until the  church opens up again  I am  sure  our  churches  will be  fine

dgrimm60

BlessedMan
1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

As a church treasurer I have received two recent letters asking that we send in the names of the church officers and to make sure there are no officers who do not pay tithe. I understand that with churches being closed that giving is way down and they are scrambling to fix the problem of decreased giving. I have been told that when members miss giving because of church closures that it seldom gets made up later on. Unfortunately, in the NAD they have to deal with the problems related to how they are treating the rest of the world in reducing the amount of tithe sent to them. So, things are going to get real rocky for the financial shape of the church in the future.

As offerings dwindle, some churches fear for their future

https://religionnews.com/2020/03/23/as-offerings-dwindle-some-churches-fear-for-their-future/

Church policy is too often the length of a dollar bill. Its been like this for too long, and its not related to "covid-19."

dgrimm60

BLESSESMAN

IF  you study  the  bible  both  OLD  and  NEW TESTAMENT  talk  about  tithe and  offering=====

in  MALICHI  3:8====in  HEBREWS 7:1-2=====LEV 27:30 AND 32 ===GEN 14: 18 to  22====MATT 23:23

TITHES AND OFFERINGS are Bible  based====so  as   followers  of  the  bible  we  all  must  give  tithes  and  offerings

dgrimm60

BlessedMan
11 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

B/W PHOTODUDE

thank you for  posting this article ====  yes I am  sure  that the  tithes and offerings  will be  down===

but  if  we keep  them  until the  church opens up again  I am  sure  our  churches  will be  fine

dgrimm60

Thank you dgrimm; always appreciate your comments. I was really making a much different point though; I have no quarrel about those Bible texts. What I was speaking about are the abuses of the tithe, and the very bad treatment of some who do not deserve such. For example. I know someone who had to go on welfare for a few months, due to medical reasons, so he earned nothing as he was a trucker. But since he was an elder, he was let go from that leadership porition, for "not tithing." No matter how I tried to explain his position to the board members; it didnt atter. "He wasnt tithing," and thats all they cared about. I could also name other, much more blatant matters. But Im not here to drag out all the dirty laundry.

If Leaders/church treasurers are ordered to check up on others who are "not tithing, and "report them" this is just going to get worse. And why on earth would the GC pick a time like this to start such a witch hunt? If you read the tithe doctrine, and the spirit of the law there; tithe is a private matter between God and the individual; just like the Sabbath is. I wonder if they will also start "checking up" on "sabbath-breaking" soon too.

Then there's the NAD leader who is on public record as calling it "my tithe/our tithe and threatening to with hold tithe dollars from certain ones who are deemed unworthy and not following the party line. We dont need church members doing this kind of thing to one another, especially during times like this. I wonder when they are going to disclose how much of God's money they have lost in the stock markets recently?

pierrepaul

Tithe was always supposed to be 10% of increase - revenue less expenses. In times when revenue doesn't cover the expenses, tithe disappears - 10% of naught is naught.

Gregory Matthews

The exprnses are those related to earning the income not living expenses which often exced income.  Nrverless tithe is beteeen the lndividusl and God.  No one needs to be involved.

B/W Photodude
12 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

And why on earth would the GC pick a time like this to start such a witch hunt

For accuracy, this is the local conference doings. Don't know if this is a widespread sort of thing. I do know there is a huge rush to get up an online giving portal via the web. Then you can keep the money flowing even when you can't make it to church!

12 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

Then there's the NAD leader who is on public record as calling it "my tithe/our tithe and ...

I agree it is between you and God. I do not wish anyone to think I do not approve of giving. In Exodus it says that one should not come before God without an offering. However, it seems that programs are being funded by tithe money that are not acceptable to many. And some have even suggested that tithe be withheld until WO is approved, and vice versa, until the NAD stops fighting the General conference. I would not say that one should not direct the funds away from local conferences, but be very careful where you do send them. Outside agencies do not in my opinion qualify as recipients of tithe money. You can give offerings to them if you wish. 

One of the problems with tasking local members with ferreting out who doesn't pay tithe is that I know of a number of people that are members of churches in distant conferences that send their tithes to another conference. Perhaps where they live they think those people are slackers when it comes to giving. So, I make no judgements regarding who gives and would not query someone regarding why they don't appear to be giving. I just do the books.

BlessedMan
1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

For accuracy, this is the local conference doings. Don't know if this is a widespread sort of thing. I do know there is a huge rush to get up an online giving portal via the web. Then you can keep the money flowing even when you can't make it to church!

Yes, I stand corrected. And I even remember you telling me earlier, but I forgot about that till you mentioned it here again. lol

As far as I know, here in Canada, the online giving has been in place for a number of years. Maybe some who dont like to go online have "stopped giving" because they cannot attend church in person. IDK why the local conference would even think about asking such a thing of the local congregants.