Kingdom of Adventistan

For a Challenge See:

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent article. I have the same issues as the author.  While I strongly support one of the candidates as well as the platform of their party, that doesn't mean I "hate" the other candidates or platform.  The Bible says that God installs and deposes leaders; and we are to submit to the government unless their directives are against God's principles.

Furthermore, I pretty much have only one Ruler (besides my lovely wife); and that is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I believe that the problem exposed in the article is just one more sign that the end is near (along with Covid, climate change, economic collapse, wars and rumors of war, a steady move towards on-world government and religion, universal acceptance of things that God clearly declared as sinful, etc.).

On 9/2/2020 at 4:47 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

I would disagree that this is a good article. It may sound good at first sight, however, it contains far too many assumptions. The worst one is saying that "politics is destroying adventism, maybe all of christianity."  That doesn't even come close to making sense. Does the whole world consist only of US Adventists or other christians? We dont all argue about politics online! Seems this is more related to US citizens. Is it not true that people decide for themselves what to say publicly, and "politics" or "social media" does not "force" anyone to post anything? People choose to say their dirt themselves, and politics has nothing to do with it.

The author talked about people "shutting their social media mouth."  I see no evidence of him doing that himself, in this article. Christians are imploding themselves by acting like idiots online, and making their own, very bad choices. Politics does not make us do that. We choose it ourselves.

3 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

I would disagree that this is a good article. It may sound good at first sight, however, it contains far too many assumptions. The worst one is saying that "politics is destroying adventism, maybe all of christianity."  That doesn't even come close to making sense. Does the whole world consist only of US Adventists or other christians? We dont all argue about politics online! Seems this is more related to US citizens. Is it not true that people decide for themselves what to say publicly, and "politics" or "social media" does not "force" anyone to post anything? People choose to say their dirt themselves, and politics has nothing to do with it.

The author talked about people "shutting their social media mouth."  I see no evidence of him doing that himself, in this article. Christians are imploding themselves by acting like idiots online, and making their own, very bad choices. Politics does not make us do that. We choose it ourselves.

The way I understand it is that Satan is trying to get people to gather into either the beast (catholic Europe, with a small "c") where we just obey, or where he tries to get us into the dragon (Spiritualism: live as you please for heaven is your home. You have your truth and I have mine, and this destroys our will as we end up responding to and being slaves of our feelings.) There is a series on PBS, I can't think of the exact name of the series maybe someone else can post it. But it is showing how social media is being used to get us to respond to feelings instead of serious thinking. While we are waiting for things about the occult and seances etc., spiritualism is getting a stronger foot hold into our population and into the church.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kevin H said:

The way I understand it is that Satan is trying to get people to gather into either the beast (catholic Europe, with a small "c") where we just obey, or where he tries to get us into the dragon (Spiritualism: live as you please for heaven is your home. You have your truth and I have mine, and this destroys our will as we end up responding to and being slaves of our feelings.) There is a series on PBS, I can't think of the exact name of the series maybe someone else can post it. But it is showing how social media is being used to get us to respond to feelings instead of serious thinking. While we are waiting for things about the occult and seances etc., spiritualism is getting a stronger foot hold into our population and into the church.  

I sort of agree. :) Ive done some research on "Social Media" and it appears their major (not only) function is to grab our attention and keep it. Amazon Prime Video has a Great Courses channel with some good documentaries about it, as well as Kindle, there are a number of good books on the subject. Social Media is largely used for propaganda, such as Pleasure, Attention, Surveillance, Benevolence, Protest, Politics, Disinformation, all of which ends up as largely nonsense, and rather than being "social" as Mark Z likes to proffer, it does not "connect" people, it isolates and divides them. It is, in effect, Antisocial Media. Antisocial Media is largely used the same way that Hitler used Radio back in the day. Yes, I am well aware of the "good" that happens from Social Media. But one would not have an easy time "proving" that "Social Media" has not been co-opted by forces that do not desire anything good for us. We ourselves are the "product."

Edited by BlessedMan