Kingdom of Adventistan

The Good Old Days Reman?

An astute article!

On the one hand (at least speaking for my Church) - it CAN'T change because the Worship is Liturgical and must remain Liturgical. Additionally, Doctrines that were defined officially also can't change. I would think the SDA members would think the same way about their doctrines. If Ellen is understood by Adventists as a Prophet who demonstrated the doctrines were true by the power of God than later issued a warning of what would happen if the SDA's departed from those teachings - how could the SDA Church (even if it wanted to) change? It would seem to suggest a "moral" alteration in God which we both believe isn't possible. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Gustave said:

An astute article!

If Ellen is understood by Adventists as a Prophet who demonstrated the doctrines were true by the power of God than later issued a warning of what would happen if the SDA's departed from those teachings - how could the SDA Church (even if it wanted to) change? It would seem to suggest a "moral" alteration in God which we both believe isn't possible. 

Perhaps an astute article, but unfortunately Seibold falls into the very situations that the early pioneers including EGW warned about. And the church shrinking into smaller congregations bound to disappear, even Jesus warned about that when He asked if He would find faith when He returned. Fortunately, while the church is trending downward in North America and two other divisions, the work of the gospel around the world shows that there is much faith and many are coming to the Gospel The NAD just illustrates clearly the Laodicean church. 

Seibold can go on about evangelicalism injected itself with a fatal dose of right wing politics, but the problem is that as of late, it is injecting megadoses of left wing politics via SJWs, gay acceptance, and any number of other issues. So, Seibold is a bit behind the times!

Through the years I’ve seen attempts to update the Adventist Church—theologically, culturally and structurally—for a new era.

Theologically our leaders keep pounding down on us a set of old, ineffective teachings, and have even added to our stuckness by refusing to make the church inclusive of women and instead substituting “headship theology”—a teaching that wasn’t held by our founders.

Seibold does like to trash anyone who objects to the "updates" to our theology as he did in one piece regarding Janet Lundeen Nuemann. I would add that these "old ineffective teaching's" are just those because no one spends time in their Bibles, spends time in prayer, and even more, spends time in working to save others. As far as that “headship theology”, again, it has been voted down in a General Conference session by the delegates from around the world and is not some policy decision made by the "rulers at the top". Some just cannot accept this decision and continue to agitate over it. Whether is was a teaching or not, it was the practice. Most women are not for it and I still submit that it is just a bunch of beta-males pushing this. 

When I retired, I transferred my membership to the Glendale City Church (GCC) in Southern California (even though I don’t live there), for the following reason: ...

Glendale City Church (GCC) is, also as I recall, the church that was attempting to have gay elders. When the plan was found out, it was brought to the SE Cal conference who stopped it. Later on, the leaders of this church would get a restraining order forbidding the member who was instrumental in blocking the gay elder. She is no longer able to attend her church!

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/glendale-city-church-bans-me-from-church-property-elizabeth