Kingdom of Adventistan

Chocolate Milk

Gregory Matthews

As a child, I knew that chocolate milk came from Bosco or Ovaltine; later Hershey's powder. Glad to see that PETA is working a health angle. It should help them from "wacko" animal rightists into sensible health advocates. 

40 minutes ago, GHansen said:

As a child, I knew that chocolate milk came from Bosco or Ovaltine; later Hershey's powder. Glad to see that PETA is working a health angle. It should help them from "wacko" animal rightists into sensible health advocates. 

A couple of my grandchildren were here one day while I was making home made soup. Also was making home made noodles. They were completely amazed that you could make noodles. 

I wouldnt hold my breath on Peta. Not only are they wacked on animal rights but they tell some pretty tall tales.Factory farming hss enough against it without adding to it

"Sins" by lying

12 minutes ago, GHansen said:

...  because [he believed] it improved his complexion.

He may have been on to something. However, complexion has several different components that may have nothing to do with skin color.

13 minutes ago, GHansen said:

An African American acquaintance drank black strap molasses because [he believed] it improved his complexion.

Maybe a little slow tonight but am at a loss what that has to do with topic. But black strap molasses is supposed to be good for you

30 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

He may have been on to something. However, complexion has several different components that may have nothing to do with skin color.

Don't think molasses has anything to do with skin color.We drank a lot of hot milk with molasses in the winter time as kids and didn't seem to have any effect on us

54 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Don't think molasses has anything to do with skin color.We drank a lot of hot milk with molasses in the winter time as kids and didn't seem to have any effect on us

Perhaps it only works for African Americans. The article about milk said a relatively small % of people believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows. My acquaintance was probably among a small % of people who believed that black strap molasses enhances the beauty of dark skin.

• Members
On 10/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, bonnie said:

A couple of my grandchildren were here one day while I was making home made soup. Also was making home made noodles. They were completely amazed that you could make noodles. 

My grandma and Mom used to make noodles all the time! Of course that was back in the late 50s and early 60s when my grandparents used to live with us!!