Kingdom of Adventistan

Spectrum Magazine

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Spectrum is a magazine that some people consider to be anti-Adventist.  The following is a quote taken from the magazine:

Someone read our recent articles about Newbold College’s dramatic reorientation of its focus in an attempt to survive by “shrinking for future growth.” The reader decided to do something to help. They sent one of our board members a check for $100,000 with instructions to send it on to Newbold College for student scholarships. Words can change lives. Each day we’re grateful for everyone who reads Spectrum and acts generously to better our world.
]

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Spectrum is a magazine that some people consider to be anti-Adventist.  The following is a quote taken from the magazine:

]

My thought is this: what is anti Adventist? Again, Adventist means by faith you are looking for YAHSHUA'S second coming! Denominations do not save YAHSHUA DOES AND HE ONLY! HE DIED for the whole world and not just for those who call themselves Adventist! 

I am glad they helping a Adventist College. Spectrum may have writings I might agree with or I might do. People are expressing things, maybe looking to find the truth. We are not judge we are to lead all if we can back to THE HOLY SPIRIT and HE leads all to the truth.

Happy Sabbath Pastor Matthews, Blessings to you!🙏

• Moderators

English words can have more than one meaning.

The word "adventist," spelled with an "a" does mean one who is looking for the 2nd Advent.

The word "Adventist," Spelled with an "A,' may mean one who is a member of a specific denomination.

4 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The word "adventist," spelled with an "a" does mean one who is looking for the 2nd Advent.

The word "Adventist," Spelled with an "A,' may mean one who is a member of a specific denomination.

It probably goes without saying on a Adventist  forum what anti adventist was referring to.

The last few years I have heard several SDA's,some lifetime in the denomination and converts make the statement as they leave the denomination " the denomination can't save you" what matters is your faith in the second coming etc.

Just a question out of curiosity ,I have come to my own conclusion a long time ago.

When that day comes will there be various groups, believing and practicing a variety of beliefs and secure in the knowledge of their salvation because........ Adventist means by faith you are looking for the second coming! Denominations do not save 

• Moderators

The salvation that God has provided extends far beyond the boundaries of the Seventh-day Adventis denomination.

The ultimate responsibility for our spiritual nurture belongs to the Holy Spirit (HS).   In guiding us spiritually the HS does not lead in a lock-step #1 followed by #2 and followed by #3 . . . ..  Rather the HS develops an individual plan for each of us that is best designed to lead us on our individual pathway to God.  For me that may be # 1 followed by #6 and then by #3. . . ..  This results in individual SDA members being at different stages of spiritual growth.  But, all are led by God in the activity of the Holy Spirit.

1 minute ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The salvation that God has provided extends far beyond the boundaries of the Seventh-day Adventis denomination.

Yes I understand that. Obviously I didn't make it totally clear. Of course there will be many of various faiths and various beliefs that will be saved.

I was thinking specifically of those that no longer attend, follow the Sabbath or any other beliefs,some unique to SDA's. Some are attending a non denominational on Sunday. Everyone I know personally has done so with the reasoning/statement that....... Denominations do not save God  DOES AND HE ONLY! HE DIED for the whole world and not just for those who call themselves Adventist! 

Or something very similar. And yes I know it is not up to us to determine their salvation but am always curious how the reasoning works. The denomination represents specific, hopefully biblical beliefs. Are those really unimportant and the important part is believing in the second coming

19 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The ultimate responsibility for our spiritual nurture belongs to the Holy Spirit (HS).   In guiding us spiritually the HS does not lead in a lock-step #1 followed by #2 and followed by #3 . . . ..  Rather the HS develops an individual plan for each of us that is best designed to lead us on our individual pathway to God.  For me that may be # 1 followed by #6 and then by #3. . . ..  This results in individual SDA members being at different stages of spiritual growth.  But, all are led by God in the activity of the Holy Spirit.

I realize we are all different and individual pathways will be.  I am just curious about the reasoning that denominations don't save. That is a given otherwise all SDA membership would be a free ticket to heaven.  Are the beliefs that the denomination represents biblically valid(no not perfect) and important in the eyes of God? Or is that trying to be saved by a denomination . On that all important day will it acceptable to say, I had faith in the second coming so I didn't need the denomination

29 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Thank you for this insight. ♥

One more try.

The name of the denomination will not save anyone. Yes, there will be those saved that in our mortal wisdom will say, How on earth were they saved.

When you become a member of the denomination the expectation is that you accept  what it means to be SDA.  That is not saying only SDA's will be saved.

I know several that have left the "denomination because the name will not save them" "they can be a christian without being a member". Some now attend a non denominational church on sunday claiming the Sabbath isn't salvation issue". Believing and having faith in the second coming is what is important. That is a decision they have made, their choice, but there seems to be more and more regular church going practicing SDA that agree with the idea that the only important belief to hold is the "second coming". So are the beliefs that the denomination  represents still valid and important?

Most that I know personally that make that statement have eventually drifted over the years from any pretext of  denomination attendance or observation because it cannot save you. Which of course is correct

So my question is if biblical beliefs are not important and only the second coming will there be various groups/faiths/denomination  on that all important day ?

This is not directed at anyone here. It is the phrasing I have often heard

On 11/13/2021 at 11:02 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

On 11/13/2021 at 4:43 PM, bonnie said:

One more try.

The name of the denomination will not save anyone. Yes, there will be those saved that in our mortal wisdom will say, How on earth were they saved.

When you become a member of the denomination the expectation is that you accept  what it means to be SDA.  That is not saying only SDA's will be saved.

I know several that have left the "denomination because the name will not save them" "they can be a christian without being a member". Some now attend a non denominational church on sunday claiming the Sabbath isn't salvation issue". Believing and having faith in the second coming is what is important. That is a decision they have made, their choice, but there seems to be more and more regular church going practicing SDA that agree with the idea that the only important belief to hold is the "second coming". So are the beliefs that the denomination  represents still valid and important?

Most that I know personally that make that statement have eventually drifted over the years from any pretext of  denomination attendance or observation because it cannot save you. Which of course is correct

So my question is if biblical beliefs are not important and only the second coming will there be various groups/faiths/denomination  on that all important day ?

This is not directed at anyone here. It is the phrasing I have often heard

Do you really believe that not knowing Biblical/Doctrinal points e.g. the state os the dead, is not a point of salvation?
At the end, those that will be saved for sure - in my humble assurance - will be: The 'a'dventists - and not just the ones full off HS from 'A' - and furthermore, keeping the (Climate Change) 7th day Sabbath! There is not other options... Either with God or against Him. Either with His seal: Ex 20:8 - 11 of the mark of the beast Rv 13:15 - 18.
Allow me to make a frivolous comment regarding to the quotes attached: Scrap then because is just 'conspiracy theory' which meaning in the papacy dictionary means being heretic! 

Let the fires be lit again and we will see who will be the faithful! 

Mark of the Beast vs Seal of God.JPG

Mark of the Beast vs Seal of God1.JPG

Mark of the Beast vs Seal of God2.JPG

Truth 1.JPG

Truth 2.JPG

USA 1.JPG

USA 2.JPG

On 11/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, bonnie said:

Yes I understand that. Obviously I didn't make it totally clear. Of course there will be many of various faiths and various beliefs that will be saved.

I was thinking specifically of those that no longer attend, follow the Sabbath or any other beliefs,some unique to SDA's. Some are attending a non denominational on Sunday. Everyone I know personally has done so with the reasoning/statement that....... Denominations do not save God  DOES AND HE ONLY! HE DIED for the whole world and not just for those who call themselves Adventist! 

Or something very similar. And yes I know it is not up to us to determine their salvation but am always curious how the reasoning works. The denomination represents specific, hopefully biblical beliefs. Are those really unimportant and the important part is believing in the second coming

Even Satan and demons are adventists and I quote: "What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?” Mt. 8:29... many people believe that God is so LOVE that He will take us all to heaven...  Halleluiah!

41 minutes ago, #iBelieve said:

Even Satan and demons are adventists and I quote: "What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?” Mt. 8:29... many people believe that God is so LOVE that He will take us all to heaven...  Halleluiah!

I am not sure you understood me. When I hear so many say that  the name doesn't save you that should be a no brainer, so is the many times repeated phrase Jesus came to save us all. However I don't think simply having faith and believing does either.  What do you do with that faith and belief?

I know several that have left the denomination saying the name Adventist will not save them, or the important thing is to have faith or believe in the second coming. Or you must not judge.Is  that true or  can I be a practicing? (fill in your favorite denomination) when Christ returns and that will be acceptable for salvation if I have faith and believe. Or maybe lack any denomination but do have faith. Will we have various groups believing different doctrine but they all have faith and the name Adventist won't save you. Does that faith and belief require or cause action? Without "action" how much is it worth?  Does acting on your faith and belief lead you to honor the biblical doctrines?  Or deciding on your own what is important to salvation?

Other issues seem to be taking dominance in the denomination so "doctrine" is almost a dirty word. 

You mentioned climate change and I am not sure exactly why. I believe climate change has become almost a religion for the left. Climates change, always have, but the earth will not be destroyed because of that

I agree when Jesus returns there will be only two options and I don't think simply  having faith and believing in the second coming is sufficient