Kingdom of Adventistan

With Jesus in His Sanctuary

B/W Photodude

With Jesus in His Sanctuary

Dr Leslie Hardinge

Matt.13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

I believe the desert tabernacle to be a parable of the plan of salvation. It was one large physical representation of God's love and mercy shown to the people of Israel. I am also of the opinion that God does not waste words or create huge projects without meaning behind them.

It was a delight for me to take the book "With Jesus in His Sanctuary" by Dr. Leslie Haringe and read it as part of my own personal study to understand the Sanctuary. I was  not disappointed in my study of this book. I would have to say it was one of the best books of the religious genre that I have ever read. It seem that in every detail of the sanctuary from the construction to the the various services was described in detail and Dr. Hardinge was able to find Jesus in nearly every part of the sanctuary.

Matt.13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

I have found these verses in Matthew from Jesus to be very interesting verses. In verse 10 and 11 Jesus notes that some people are not given understanding. But in verse 17 He discusses how the prophets and the righteous would desire to understand what they read in Scripture. We, in these current times, are blessed immensely to have the understanding that has been given to us thru the studies of the early pioneers of the church and continuing to recent authors such as Dr. Hardinge.

Dr. Hardinge continued his study of the sanctuary message and how it is symbolic of even beyond this age into the age to come and the final judgements of all people and the evil angels and Satan. After this beautiful discussion of how Jesus was symbolized throughout the desert sanctuary and its services, he had one very chilling comment to make regarding those who are not saved especially those we care about and wonder why God didn't save them. "Convinced, but unrepentant still, Satan rouses himself and tries to rally his forces for one last desperate attack on the city. May I share with you what I further imagine? I look over the battlements of the city and there I see my best friend, about whose fate I had been concerned. He is actually preparing to claw down the jasper walls with his fingernails and pull Christ from His throne! He is doing this after all he has seen! And in my ignorance of his true character I had wondered whether a view of Jesus would change his mind! Now he has had that view and still wants to destroy Him. My questions regarding the justice of his fate are gone. He has seen what every intelligent being in the universe has seen, evidence, irrefutable evidence, that, throughout the great controversy, God is good and God is just and God is right and God is kind, and yet he persists in his determination to destroy Him! What can God do for such a one as he?"

I highly recommend this book to everyone. Cleary a five star book on Goodreads!  

• Thanks 2