Kingdom of Adventistan

Harp of God Ebook Yields Surprising Information, Datewise

Theophilus

Here is the bottom line: You do not like me Pastor Matthew. Because I speak my mind. That's on you and not on me. We all come here to comment our views. You truthfully do not like my views. So, you say unkind things to try to hurt me. You can't! I am very sad by the way you act and it has become worst! You accuse but do not provide the facts of the accusation. I am praying for you and I hope that one day you will see that I am not against you but I have a right to comment my views. Be at peace sir!

Blessings!

• Moderators

Stinsonmarri, the following quote is a common example of you changing the Bible to fit your needs.

1)  You do not identify any specific translation that reads as you have posted it.   As you often use a non-standard translation, you should identify the translation every time you quote from it.  Some would say that you should always identify the translation regardless of whether or not it is a standard translation.

2)  In your quote, part is underlined.  I doubt that any part of your quoted verse was underlined in any translation.  I suspect that you made that change.  That is inappropriate.

3)  In the verse below, you have written two words in CAPITAL letters.   I doubt that any translation printed those two words in CAPITAL letters.  That was a change that you made. 

4)  If you want to quote, be accurate.  Each time provide us with the name of the translation so you can be checked.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our MASTER was CRUCIFIED. Rev 11:8  

• Moderators

Let us go back to some basics:

Dictionary:  A dictionary tells us the meanings of a word.   Many words have multiple meanings.  A dictionary informs us of those multiple meanings.

Concordance:  A concordance of the Bible is a listing of how the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek words used in the Bible have been translated.  It differs from a dictionary in that it does not inform us of the meanings of a word that have not been so translated in the Bible.   In other words the Biblical word may have meanings that have not been translated in that manner in the Bible.

Lexicon:  A lexicon of the Biblical words is like a dictionary in that it provides meanings of the Biblical word.  It provides meanings of the word that have not been translated in that manner in the Bible.

In my library I have a Cruden's Concordance, a Young's Concordance and a Strong's Concordance.    All are valued as a source of information as to how a Biblical word has been translated into English.  All three differ from each other in some respects.

Arndt & Gingrich has been for many years considered to be the best lexicon of the New Testament Greek.  It is a University of Chicago translation into English of the German work of Walter Bauer.  It has been revised and updated many times.   

Brown, Driver & Briggs is a lexicon of the Hebrew and Aramaic words of the Old Testament.  It was first published in 1907 and has been revised and updated over the years.  I suspect that it is what Stinsonmarri has called Brown & Diggs.

The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament is a lexicon of the Hebrew and Aramaic words of the Old Testament.   It was developed and published from 1994 to 2000.  Some argue that it is a better lexicon than is Brown, Driver & Briggs. 

• Moderators

Stinsonmarri made the following statement quoted below:

That statement is totally without foundation.  I have never made any statement as to whether or not I personally either like or dislike stinsonmarri.  

I will tell you where i am coming from.  stinsonmarri presents herself as a college educated person, If my memory is correct she has graduated from Georgia State University.  I assume that is a school that delivers a quality education.  I assume that stinsonmarri received a quality education from that school.

So, I believe that I can fairly hold stinsonmarri to the standards of a person who has received a quality college education.    If I considered her to be an uneducated person, I would not hold her to the standard that I hold her.

You do not like me Pastor Matthew. Because I speak my mind.

• Moderators

stinsonmarri said in the following quote below.

Please provide me with the name of one linguist who agrees with your views and also tell me exactly what the agreement is.   I have stated that you are often right and I agree with much of what you say.

I also have provide other well know scholars and  linguist scholars and others who agrees with my views,

On 11/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

Stinsonmarri, the following quote is a common example of you changing the Bible to fit your needs.

1)  You do not identify any specific translation that reads as you have posted it.   As you often use a non-standard translation, you should identify the translation every time you quote from it.  Some would say that you should always identify the translation regardless of whether or not it is a standard translation.

2)  In your quote, part is underlined.  I doubt that any part of your quoted verse was underlined in any translation.  I suspect that you made that change.  That is inappropriate.

3)  In the verse below, you have written two words in CAPITAL letters.   I doubt that any translation printed those two words in CAPITAL letters.  That was a change that you made. 

4)  If you want to quote, be accurate.  Each time provide us with the name of the translation so you can be checked.

Pastor Matthew: I will answer each one for you. This all you had to do sir. I been asking you about this. We all change translations of Bible to fit our needs. Mine need is the closest correct translation to the language. Example if the English word is used is change from the original root word that has been used and understood for centuries then I used the original one. That is why I do use Etymology Dictionary that shows exactly when the word was change. If you notice it will show the new meaning started in the 15th, or 16th century and then they show that the original word came from Greek or Latin to Norse or Germany and it very clear. I never leave out anything I cut and paste it exactly.

This is not correct as well. I have not put it down on each Scriptures, but I have address on many occasions that I used the following in this order. The WOY, TS2009, HRB, HNIV-ye sometime the KJV or the SACRED NAME KJV. Pastor, I have been on here a long time and at first use to put the Version on the side. Since, most know what I used I felt that it was necessary. But that does not take away to the fact of my choice. My choice is might right. I am a historian and I believe to provide as accurately as allowed the truth. What has disgusted me is minister can break down, but the laity is not suppose to be that smart with the Bible translation. Only you are, that is ridiculous and it is pride. I say false pride! The Bible says to study and that word if you look it up means to research! EGW say we do not go deep enough. How come she can say it, and I can't?

2)  In your quote, part is underlined.  I doubt that any part of your quoted verse was underlined in any translation.  I suspect that you made that change.  That is inappropriate

Are you kidding me? The underline is what I do to show the important point to what the subject I was writing about. Like Jerusalem is the great city and it is Babylon. So I underline to show the point I am making. I cannot believe you as a Pastor and writer never underline specific points. You are truly unbelievable! 

Pastor Matthew you are unreal. If I want to respect THE FATHER, THE SON and THE HOLY SPIRIT; I have that right! You are nick picking! The word has not changed, I stop doing that with EGW because you became upset! But, I will Capitalize THE SACRED NAMES. Some versions of the Bible do by the way.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our MASTER was CRUCIFIED. Rev 11:8  

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our MASTER was impaled. WOY

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. KJV

Crucify vs Impale - What's the difference?

As verbs the difference between crucify and impale

is that crucify is to execute (a person) by nailing to a cross while impale is to pierce with a pale; to put to death by fixing on a sharp stake.

I felt that if I used the word impale instead of crucified it would create a problem with you. My big mistake. I know that the cross means the following:

Strong's Concordance

Stauros: an upright stake, hence a cross (the Rom. instrument of crucifixion)

Original Word: σταυρός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: Stauros
Phonetic Spelling: (stow-ros')
Definition: an upright stake, a cross (the Rom. instrument of crucifixion)
Usage: a cross. Bible Hub

ross, Crucify: denotes, primarily, "an upright pale or stake." On such malefactors were nailed for execution. Both the noun and the verb stauroo, "to fasten to a stake or pale," are originally to be distinguished from the ecclesiastical form of a two beamed "cross." The shape of the latter had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the initial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands, including Egypt. By the middle of the 3rd cent. A.D. the churches had either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the "cross" of Christ.”-Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words

The Imperial Bible-Dictionary acknowledges this, saying: “The Greek word for cross, [stau·rosʹ], properly signified a stake, an upright pole, or piece of paling, on which anything might be hung, or which might be used in impaling [fencing in] a piece of ground. . . . Even amongst the Romans the crux (from which our cross is derived) appears to have been originally an upright pole.”—Edited by P. Fairbairn (London, 1874), Vol. I, p. 376.

Cross or Stake: which is the better translation of the Greek?

Example of the use of "Stake."

NWT Matthew 16:24 "Then Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me."

NWT Mark 15:13-15 "Once more they cried out: “To the stake with him!” 14 But Pilate went on to say to them: “Why? What bad thing did he do?” Still they cried out all the more: “To the stake with him!” 15 At that Pilate, wishing to satisfy the crowd, released Bar·abʹbas to them; and after having Jesus whipped, he handed him over to be executed on the stake."

NWT Colossians 2:14 "He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake."

My better judgment told me that you would go way out if out left it at impaled like WOY had it but I was trying to avoid the inevitable with you. So, now you have it. I do not try to hide anything. I should just went on and provided this from the beginning. That I made was a bad choice. But everything is factual and the versions of the Bible I used for all the Scriptures in this thread was from WOY-Word of YAHWEH (I capitalized the SACRED NAME). I reverence THE ALMIGHTY ONES!

Blessings!

• Moderators

Well, you are honest enough to acknowledge that you do not quote exactly, but you modify in a manner that you think should be done.

It is interesting that you cite from the NWT, a translation accepted by the JWs.

11 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Let us go back to some basics:

Dictionary:  A dictionary tells us the meanings of a word.   Many words have multiple meanings.  A dictionary informs us of those multiple meanings.

Concordance:  A concordance of the Bible is a listing of how the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek words used in the Bible have been translated.  It differs from a dictionary in that it does not inform us of the meanings of a word that have not been so translated in the Bible.   In other words the Biblical word may have meanings that have not been translated in that manner in the Bible.

Lexicon:  A lexicon of the Biblical words is like a dictionary in that it provides meanings of the Biblical word.  It provides meanings of the word that have not been translated in that manner in the Bible.

In my library I have a Cruden's Concordance, a Young's Concordance and a Strong's Concordance.    All are valued as a source of information as to how a Biblical word has been translated into English.  All three differ from each other in some respects.

Arndt & Gingrich has been for many years considered to be the best lexicon of the New Testament Greek.  It is a University of Chicago translation into English of the German work of Walter Bauer.  It has been revised and updated many times.   

Brown, Driver & Briggs is a lexicon of the Hebrew and Aramaic words of the Old Testament.  It was first published in 1907 and has been revised and updated over the years.  I suspect that it is what Stinsonmarri has called Brown & Diggs.

The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament is a lexicon of the Hebrew and Aramaic words of the Old Testament.   It was developed and published from 1994 to 2000.  Some argue that it is a better lexicon than is Brown, Driver & Briggs. 

All Dictionaries do not have multiple of meanings.

In a general dictionary, each word may have multiple meanings. Some dictionaries include each separate meaning in the order of most common usage while others list definitions in historical order, with the oldest usage first. Dictionary - Wikipedia

Etymological Dictionaries

Definition: An etymological dictionary traces a word's development over time, giving historical examples to show changes.  UsingEnglish.com Ltd. 

The others I will not dignify because I have used most of the above. Plus you are not my teacher Pastor Matthew, I asked you what did I say incorrectly. Nothing this is your bitter resentment showing!

6 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Stinsonmari:  May you have a happy Thanksgiving day today.

You likewise!

9 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Well, you are honest enough to acknowledge that you do not quote exactly, but you modify in a manner that you think should be done.

It is interesting that you cite from the NWT, a translation accepted by the JWs.

No, I did not say that all. Hear me loud and clear. I took and used the word crucified instead of impaled. Nothing else was changed in any thing I have presented. You are taking any little thing you can find out of context! I also showed the relation to the two words and you refuse to accept that!

Mine, mine this thread is dealing with an article coming from JW but I cannot use an JW version of the Bible. This is really sad sir.

19 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

stinsonmarri said in the following quote below.

Please provide me with the name of one linguist who agrees with your views and also tell me exactly what the agreement is.   I have stated that you are often right and I agree with much of what you say.

So, have I and some just so happen to be Black. I do not have supply you with Lindquist scholars, you do that. When I quote from them I supply them as I have always done! Show me that I have quoted from anything that was not correct or I did not give you the source. This is not a University or a College and I and not trying to earn a grade. I quote from all my sources and provide them and that's what matter.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:39 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

Stinsonmarri made the following statement quoted below:

That statement is totally without foundation.  I have never made any statement as to whether or not I personally either like or dislike stinsonmarri.  

I will tell you where i am coming from.  stinsonmarri presents herself as a college educated person, If my memory is correct she has graduated from Georgia State University.  I assume that is a school that delivers a quality education.  I assume that stinsonmarri received a quality education from that school.

So, I believe that I can fairly hold stinsonmarri to the standards of a person who has received a quality college education.    If I considered her to be an uneducated person, I would not hold her to the standard that I hold her.

Pastor Matthew I never said that you quoted, that you do not like. Again, you are misquoting! I said: " Here is the bottom line: You do not like me Pastor Matthew. Because I speak my mind. That's on you and not on me." The way that you have acted toward the things I say because you do not like it. I have also disagreed on some of the things you sad. I feel (notice I said I feel), you do not like the things I present. The truth of the matter you do not have to. I am not a professor who is giving out grade. I am a commentator with the belief that Bible speaks for itself. I believe that Moses grew up as an Egyptian and live with Jethro a Priest of THE MOST HIGH! His wife was a Cushite and he spoke the native Phoenician tongue or language. I disagree that the Canaanite spoke a Semitic language. That's my right and I just provided to you why I believe that. What's so wrong with that? How many people that you constantly point out come from different believes speak out their point of view. But, with me, it eats you up alive why? 

Then you have the nerve to say, I present myself a college person! This is outrageous! I do not have to justify to you Pastor Matthew! But, I have and that's why you blocked me on email. You jump to the wrong conclusion because I did not put my education where you felt I should! Do you remember that! I am a 71 next month year old woman and I feel you should have respect for me or anyone who provide what I have!  We come here to give a reason to what we believe and is it true! I will finish by praying for you and how you have judge and treated me! Again, I have not giving anything incorrect!!!!!!

• Moderators

Stinsonmarri made the following statement quoted below.

Please provide the evidence that I have blocked you on any e-mail and I will unblock you.

You have my personal e-mail, I have not blocked you from sending me private e-mails.

I have not blocked you from any e-mail in this forum.

Yes,  I have closed some threads and I have removed some threads from view.

I do not understand what you said below.

. . . 

you blocked me on email. 

• Moderators

In response to a post that I made on Wednesday, stinsonmarri said what I have quoted below:

*  Stinsonmarri, you are correct, I am not your teacher.  I do not have the slightest interest in teaching you anything.

*  This thread is actually not about you.  You are not my center of interest when I post in this thread.  The post that I made on Wednesday was focused on other members of this forum who have posted in this thread.  It is true that I sometimes post here with you in mind.  But, do not ever think that I am focused on you to the exclusion of other members.

Plus you are not my teacher Pastor Matthew,. . .

53 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

In response to a post that I made on Wednesday, stinsonmarri said what I have quoted below:

*  Stinsonmarri, you are correct, I am not your teacher.  I do not have the slightest interest in teaching you anything.

*  This thread is actually not about you.  You are not my center of interest when I post in this thread.  The post that I made on Wednesday was focused on other members of this forum who have posted in this thread.  It is true that I sometimes post here with you in mind.  But, do not ever think that I am focused on you to the exclusion of other members.

It is about me and how you have judge me and excuse me outlandish things. I made one change to avoid your constant negative remarks because I differ being an Adventist. I am not mainstream nor have ever said that I was. You, even now have accuse of a lot of things that I know others have got away with. You also put up a very bigot website that I and another person ask you to respond to you. It had nothing at all to do with me believing that the Phoenician is the language that Abraham. It was not Semitic and I showed you prove. You may not accepted it and that's fine.

You have tried to undermine me on little unnecessary things. Because I use the SACRED NAMES and some of the version on the market do also. Because I did not use a bracket vs parenthesis you made like it look like the source I used said it. I can see if others thought it then you commented but no one did. You have stated that what I have provided is incorrect sir, and that is not so. Why should it be important to list all of the Linguist known, when I have used some and provided where the source came from. Not one time have you said that source was not correct! You started bating because the KJV version I used that happen to used the SACRED NAME was good enough and who the translator was. Just like the JW, when I have used at time Darby, Gods Word and others. They are accepted and I have on my desk top Bible Sword, Hub.com, Logos now call Faith Life. I have an arsenal of books collected in college, seminars, living overseas along my decease mother's library. Why am I telling you this is my college degree has been a blessing and more so the Adventist Church back in the days growing up. It grounded me to study for myself and to search the Scriptures. College gave me the tools and very good instructions how to search and what specifically to look for. Also, the down fall of preachers, Bible scholars and religion. Universities professors many teach religion but are not religious. They are bias but they had great views in showing pros and cons of all religions. Let's say they were more Philosophers to me.

I thank THE MOST HIGH for the opportunity to share the information HE has provided for my research of HIS WORD! That's it Pastor. But, let me make myself clear, I am not going to let people put down people of color like we did not contribute to the Bible. It is bigotry and it must stop! Neither will allow people to make a mockery of good Black Organizations and say unjustified bigotry remarks because YAHWEH made Black people. We are all one race and bigotry is the problem that causes hatred. I do not have to accept any word because it does not express the true Creative SKILLS of THE ALMIGHTY ONES! 

You, I thought was to Moderate to keep us following the format and not what is commented if we provide the facts to the thread we are dealing with. Bottom line I just want you to respect who I am as I respect who you are! If you want to disagree and provide facts against what I commented on that great to me. We should provide and debate the facts and not go on tantrums.

That's where I stand!

Blessings and Hope Your Days Continue to be Great Pastor Matthews! 

3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

It is about me and how you have judged me and accused me of outlandish things. I made one change to avoid your constant negative remarks. The reason is because I differ being an Adventist. I am not mainstream nor have ever said that I was. You, even now have accuse me of a lot of things that I know others have gotten away with. You also put up a very bigot website claiming that's what I believe in. I and another person asked you to respond to why did you do this. It had nothing at all to do with me believing that the Phoenician is the language that Abraham spoke. It was not Semitic and I showed you proof. You may not accepted it and that's fine. There was no reason for what you did, and you know it, and so do I. Never answered but avoid the questions. It needs to be address Pastor Matthews!

You have tried to undermine me on little unnecessary things. Because I use the SACRED NAME these are versions on the market. Because I did not use a bracket vs parenthesis you said that it made it  look like the source I used said it. I can see if others thought it then you commented but no one did. You have stated that what I have provided is incorrect sir, and that is not so. You have yet to prove it either. Why should it be important to list all of the Linguist known? When I have used a quote and provide the source. Not one time have you said that the sources were not correct! You started bating because the KJV version I used that happen to used the SACRED NAME was not good enough and who the translator was. Just like the JW, when I have used at time Darby, Gods Word and others. They are accepted and I have on my desk top with Bible Sword! I use Hub.com, and Gateway. On my desktop is my bought Logos now call Faith Life. I am getting ready to update it to 9 today. I have an arsenal of books collected in college, seminars, living overseas. I also have my decease mother's library. Why am I telling you this is my college degree has been a blessing and more so the Adventist Church back in the days growing up. My mother and the church grounded me to study for myself and to search the Scriptures. College gave me the tools and very good instructions on how to search and what specifically to look for. Also, the taught, the down fall of preachers, Bible scholars and religions. Universities professors many teach religion but are not religious. They are bias but they had great views in showing pros and cons of all religions. Let's say they were more Philosophers to me.

I thank THE MOST HIGH for the opportunity to share the information HE has provided for my research of HIS WORD! You have never shown that the passage of Scripture provided was in error and it wasn't.

That's it Pastor. But, let me make myself clear, I am not going to let people put down people of color like we did not contribute to the Bible. It is bigotry and it must stop! Neither will I allow people to make a mockery of good Black Organizations and say unjustified bigotry remarks because YAHWEH made Black people. We are all one race and bigotry is the problem that causes hatred. I do not have to accept any word because it does not express the true Creative SKILLS of THE ALMIGHTY ONES! 

You, I thought was to Moderate to keep us following the format and not what is commented if we provide the facts to the thread we are dealing with. Bottom line I just want you to respect who I am as I respect who you are! If you want to disagree and provide facts against what I commented on that great to me. We should provide and debate the facts and not go on tantrums.

That's where I stand!

Blessings and Hope Your Days Continue to be Great Pastor Matthews! 

Forgive the first I made a mistake!