Kingdom of Adventistan

NAD Issues an Apology

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Use the religion news.com link because it actually tells you what was said. Rather pathetic that the church news does not cover the who, what, when, where, why question that used to be part of journalism.

"In Robinson’s sermon, a short portion of which is captured in a YouTube video, he appears to be preaching from a passage from the New Testament’s Letter to the Ephesians, in which the Apostle Paul says, “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.”

In the video, Robinson says, “In this matter of submission, I want you to know upfront, ladies, that once you get married, you are no longer your own. You are your husband’s. You understand what I’m saying? I emphasize that because I saw in court the other day on TV where a lady sued her husband for rape. And I would say to you, gentlemen, the best person to rape is your wife. But then it has become legalized.”

On 11/25/2021 at 8:10 AM, phkrause said:

Pretty pathetic! Even if he didn't mean it the way it came out!!

I agree. I'm glad you noticed that he might not have intended to say what it sounds like he said; unfortunately, the worst possible motives and intentions are imputed to a person that most of us don't know. I knew a young SDA fellow who actually received a prison sentence for spousal rape ~40 years ago. That sort of crime has not been well tolerated for decades. I find it hard to believe that's what he was advocating.