Kingdom of Adventistan

Jumping Off the Roof

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

A Christian man lived near a river that was flooding. The police came by and said, “Time to evacuate, sir. Hop in our truck, we’ll drive you through the deep water to safety.”  “No need,” he said. “I’m a Christian, and God will save me.” The water rose, and he climbed into his second story. A man came by with a boat, got his attention at the upstairs window, and said, “Get in, I’ll take you to dry land.” “I really don’t need help,” he said. “I’m a Christian, and God will save me.” Hours later he’s sitting on the roof when a helicopter comes over and the rescuer shouts down, “Let us pull you up.” “No,” he said again. “I’m a Christian—I’m waiting for God to save me.” The water rose, the house was washed off its foundation, and the man drowned.

He finds himself at God’s judgment bar. He looks up and says, “God, I trusted you. Why didn’t you rescue me from the flood?” “Whaddaya mean?” God says, “I tried. I sent you a truck, a boat and even a helicopter.”

NOTE:  The above came from an article, written by Loren Seibold and posted at: 

https://atoday.org/presumption-on-jumping-off-the-temple-roof/