Kingdom of Adventistan
Shane

Sheila Jackson Lee

Lone Ranger
17 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

"BRING THE WANDERERS to Jesus" "Bring Them IN" (why do we even sing such songs?)

Totally agree.

"Not all those who Wander are Lost." JRRT

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

The Wanderer
27 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

Totally agree.

"Not all those who Wander are Lost." JRRT

as a brief illustration, I thought recently I would check out web pages for potential churches to attend in my area. I visited quite a few web sites, and all of them had a link in the upper menu bar entitles "Ministry"  I had thought that if I find a church to attend; I would really like to have something to do for the Lord I was both shocked and disappointed to see absolutely NOTHING under most of them, and for the few that had anything; it was just a passing reference to "Pathfinder Induction." I would have thought that THAT would be the one page on all those web sites that would have something for me to do. I am at the age now where I dont want to waste my time anymore; I want what I do to count. But going somewhere once a week HOPING to even just find a sermon you get something out of doesnt seem like a strong reason to go anywhere for church.

I will say though, the young people who are in Pathfinders for my area were awesome. I met some of them at the local camp meeting, and I gave them a good donation because of their attitude. They were very nice to me. (yes, I had my skull cap on).  BUT that was just because I did forget to take it off. IF the adults in the room would welcome people like the young people did at the camp meeting, we would KNOW why we sing songs like Bring Them IN.

JoeMo
19 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

IF i were younger, I would have  walked into your church with my red-velvet jumpsuit, and 6 inch "Platform Shoes"  and hair down to the middle of my back. Thats what I used to wear! But I am pretty sure I would be told to get lost by most if I was to do that today. And yet; I would be called "the weaker brother" for not conforming to the the unwritten religious dress-code that people still get kicked out of churches for today.

Not at any of the SDA (or other denomination) churches I have been to here in Colorado.  As a matter of fact, you likely would have been welcomed with open arms in most of them.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your defense of the "weaker brother".  No one should be considered a "weaker brother" just because they have a different opinion about jewelry, long hair, or fashion (or many other issues) than I do.

JoeMo
2 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

"Not all those who Wander are Lost."

Comforting words to Wanderer! :nana:

JoeMo
1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

I am at the age now where I dont want to waste my time anymore

Amen, brother!  Finding a job working for my favorite Jewish Carpenter was one of my priority goals in retirement. The pay might be lousy, but the retirement benefits are out of this world!  I am so blessed to have found an SDA church that has multiple ministry opportunities; many of which are affiliated with international non-denominational ministries.

Another prayer was answered yesterday.  We met a hungry, newly Christian family who were new to Denver.  We hit it off right away, so we asked if they would be interested in a Bible Study.  We had our first one last night; and it went fabulously.  We discussed the role of the HS in our salvation; and prayed over their 3-year old daughter who has been plagued with waking night terrors (demonic harassment?) for months.  When she woke up this morning, the little girl told her mommy that she didn't have any bad dreams for the first time in months!  Thank you Jesus!  Who says He doesn't do miracles any more?  They (and we) are excited about next week's study.

LifeHiscost
6 hours ago, Shane said:

Yes, indeed that is another classic quote of mine.  I am glad I could contribute.  "Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters... Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? ...You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt?  ...Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister." (Romans 14:1, 4, 10, 13) 

Has this been forgotten by any considering themself a disciple?

Romans 3:23 ... since all have sinned and continually fall short of the glory of God....

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :prayer:   :D

phkrause
3 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Another prayer was answered yesterday.  We met a hungry, newly Christian family who were new to Denver.  We hit it off right away, so we asked if they would be interested in a Bible Study.  We had our first one last night; and it went fabulously.  We discussed the role of the HS in our salvation; and prayed over their 3-year old daughter who has been plagued with waking night terrors (demonic harassment?) for months.  When she woke up this morning, the little girl told her mommy that she didn't have any bad dreams for the first time in months!  Thank you Jesus!  Who says He doesn't do miracles any more?  They (and we) are excited about next week's study.

Amen!!